Anyone who wants to drive for JCT plz read thanks

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by runningonempty, Jun 3, 2008.

1. GrizzlyMan

GrizzlyMan Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Graham, WA
    OK. I'm insane here. I've come mighty close to taking the plunge without figuring out details. So if anyone can answer my questions about JCT, that would be greatly appreciated. (I have given notice with my current employer, but I do have jobs lined up if I so choose.) Does JCT provide you with transportation to Oklahoma, or are you on your own? What is their passenger policy? I have read that it's approx. $234 per week added to your lease. Is that including the side note? And does that vary depending on other factors (such as credit)? After the last week at my current job, I can't take any more. Yesterday was pretty much the end of the line. I'm actually really close to telling him to come get his truck where it sits. (I won't, but it's REALLY tempting) I know there were more questions I had, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head. Thanks everyone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    If you cannot currently afford the expenditures for travel to oklahoma, I would strongly recommend you do not jump right into a lease. Leasing a truck is the same as running a business. You do never want to start a business without any kind of backup(money). There are to many risks an unexpected costs in starting up.

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  4. wizard4x4

wizard4x4 Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Wyoming IL.
    JCT pays for your bus ticket to oklahoma.I believe the passenger program is $15 a week. I know its not 234 and they dont look at your credit.They pay for your hotel and your lunches for the week dinner you are on your own.

5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    If your trashing a truck in 3, 4 or 5 years, you need to learn how to drive. These trucks now days are capable of running well over a million miles. There is normallytrucks to choose from some new, some turned in by other drivers that left.
    JCT is a fair company

6. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    Powder Joints
    Do you work for JTC

7. sayter_74

sayter_74 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Anything new on how this lease is going???

8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Wow this is as close as it gets to advertising. John Christner only cares about his bottom line. He is just good at getting you to work for almost nothing.
    As is all company owners. Just keep reality in check here. I believe him to as fair as it gets, but none of them care about the driver only the profit and loss. And when you leave or die there will be someone else driving it down the road.

9. JCTwife

JCTwife Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Lake Wales, FL
    Powder Joints I beg to differ with you 100%. My husband and I talked to him personally for a long while. John Christner is a very decent man and he will tell you himself that he and his sons care deeply for their drivers. Read WJB thread on the Good and Bad trucking companies. And also read what some of the actual JCT drivers have to say about the company and they will agree with me that this is a darn good company to drive for. We have been with them now for a year and you think my husband and I didn't like him we would leave. We love JCT with our hearts. You get all the miles you want and Mr. Christner told us himself that if we aren't getting enough to come see him or his sons personally. If you have a problem he or his sons will help you resolve that problem. With his lease to own program like I said you don't pay anything for the first six weeks so you can build up some money. We never had to worry about starving with JCT. We make darn good money. He and his sons stands behind their drivers 100%. Please talk to anyone of the JCT drivers out on the road and see how many will tell you that they're not happy, none that I know of. There is a low turnover rate and there are drivers now who own 2 and 3 trucks from him and John Christner help them start their own small company. There are drivers who have been with him for 9-19 years. But I do agree that if you keep the maintenance up on your truck like my husband and I do, you can still have a decent truck. We have a late 2007 early 2008 International Eagle and definitely happy with it. But the bottom line is John Christner and his sons are decent and wonderful people who really do care. JCT rocks big time!

JCTwife

fancypants Thanks this.
  10. chemster

chemster Medium Load Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Does JCT run up into Canada?

11. tarzan

tarzan Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Mtn Home, AR
    well I have decided to take the plunge. My cirrent company lease is not to own. I came into it knowing that. I just wanted to get my CDL and learn. Now I am ready to go further into this and I want to own my own truck. I have been approved and have a date to arrive at JCT. So here goes me.

Everything I have heard has been all good about JCT. I cant find anything bad. I do have lots of friends on the road driving and no one can tell me anything bad. With the current economy, my company dropping its rates for the 2nd time I rarley make any money from my current lease company now. I even traina dn instruct students, so I have done all i can to help the company but still am getting no where.

Is PawPaw still around? hope their truck and all is well with them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.