Anyone Work For Millis?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by skullitor, Jun 10, 2007.

1. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Whatch you talkin' bout Willis?

Cooper09 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MojoPotatoe

MojoPotatoe Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Fremont,Indiana
    Hmmm? I don't know what to think? Not my experience. Yes I have heard of a couple of guys not getting miles. I do not know the particulars but late loads and needing to take time off for emergencies were mentioned. I am not judging anyone but we all know folks that have alot of reasons "not" to go to work. Or just have a poor work ethic. Has every single thing went my way? No. But I have zero complaints and zero regrets. I have seen nothing but quality in every aspect of this company. Remember this is a business and the bottom line is the bottom line. You can be an asset or you can be looking elsewhere. Is the work here? I absolutely believe so. Is this a perfect company? No such thing.
    I am sorry things didn't work out for the OP and I wish you luck in the future.
    As for anyone considering Millis, the abundance of information is here for your perusal. I think it speaks loud and clear.

Hegemeister, Cooper09 and samurai Thank this.
  4. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I have not seen a lot of complaints. Millis was my first choice. They missed out on a great driver btw! That being said, there are really only a handful of Millis drivers that post on here as with a lot of other companies as well so sometimes it is hard to really get the "big" picture as to what goes on at trucking companies. I would like to think that Millis did not really make the comment to the other driver that posted above "you are a driver first, husband and father second". Not saying they did not say that but it would shock me to know they really did.

5. Boomer 1

Boomer 1 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Central, NC
    There may be only a handful that post, but the only complaints I here from other drivers are not "millis" related, such as (personal experience btw ) I wish they didn't take there morning break with only 2 pallets left on my truck. You get my point

6. samurai

samurai Heavy Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Fairborn, OH
    Well good. If everyone that has an attitude problem or a problem with Millis in general quits then we will just be left with the good stock. lol. I wouldnt want people like that in my company. Its just like any job. If there is something that you dont like and rubs you the wrong way...its a free country so go get a different job.

7. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    Would really like to know who your dispatcher is and who told you that. Did you try asking for a new dispatcher? I can say since I got out on my own my miles have been fine, minus hometime weeks, but that is to be expected. I have a post showing my miles for my first 3 solo months. I do know things have been slow for some of the regional guys, but that is also the trade off for working in a limited area only so many places the regional guys deliver and pick up at. I also know last time I talked to a few of them it was picking back up.

8. charles Davidson

charles Davidson Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2012
    I'm a trainer here at millis, its a kool please to work,if ur lucky & I'm the one who trains u u will eat well I cook a lot in trk saves u guys $$$ $45.00 weekly at Walmart in grocery u will b good
    Its better that $100-$200 weekly in trk stop food..all so the terminals have washer dryers,
    If u get me as ur trainer u go home w me my home is open to u for all ur needs, washer dryer,bed room wife cooks,u will b treeted like one of the family,,all my students thus far have pasted there CD test & been on there own in 6-7 weeks,,( don't take that wrong I will not put u out on the road if r not ready for it) I'm very picky about safe driving, u have to meet my guide lines & mikes,,
    Good luck guys & girls hope to see u all here soon,, p/s I train out of GA mostly but all so get students from Ohio,,
    Lazyd trk 21062

Truckie83, Old MP and Cooper09 Thank this.
  9. samurai

samurai Heavy Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Fairborn, OH
    Thanks charles. sounds like you are a very nice guy and i hope to get someone like you when i get to training.

10. Aneddy

Aneddy Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Statesville, NC
    Ok, I'm hoping to get charles davidson as a trainer, lol.

I did a lot of research before I even found this board. Online and talking to several retired drivers. They were willing to share both the good and the bad of many companies as well as driving in general. The bad seems to be the same bs that all companies have, regardless of what they do. Millis always stood out above the others. The choice was easy for me. Not every company is a good fit for every person.

11. Old MP

Old MP Light Load Member

May 31, 2011
    Cassville, GA
    Go DAWGS! Born and bred in Georgia

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.