Anyone Work For Millis?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by skullitor, Jun 10, 2007.

1. samurai

samurai Heavy Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Fairborn, OH
    i was told by some insurance companies and other sources that companies that are doing the camera thing are doing so because of poor csa scores and insurance premiums skyrocketing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Good time to start up a camera installation
    Business.
    I've said it before I'll leave if a camera is installed facing me.
    Just moved into a brand new t680 w/no camera love this truck.
    Millis's csa score is no where that bad to require cameras.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

4. Shortrac

Shortrac Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    I am with you.freedom of the open road,. dignity and trust earned are things that are important to me.

5. Harleys4Life

Harleys4Life Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Madison, NC
    They do still trust you too route yourself, plan your own fuel stops, and they trust you with a 135k+ truck. The cameras only record a 60 second loop and is only sent to an auditing company if there is a "critical event". The inside camera is only pointed at the driver, not into the sleeper. Anyway, that's what I've been told and no one at Millis has lied to me yet. Not crazy about the idea of them, but it's not really that big of a deal to me.

6. Shortrac

Shortrac Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    They dont trust you with the truck if they have a camera on you.and about the fuel stops,there is a new qualcomm program that is going to tell us where to fuel. It is going to be implemented at the 1st of the year.that is news that came with news of cameras at the safety meeting.

7. indianaEMT

indianaEMT Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Sorry but that is very incorrect, yes that's what Dan the man's telling drivers, but actually go talk to some drivers with cameras and see what they say.

8. indianaEMT

Dec 18, 2011
    Crawfordsville, IN
    If this is true they don't trust us to route ourselves either, forced fueling is forced routing

9. nicknack

nicknack Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Millis is trying to cover their ###-ets with the camera idea, remember all the accidents they had this past winter, they will never admit some of them could have been from the super singles on their trucks. As far as the outward facing camera that's understandable having the camera facing the driver I don't see where this helps me be a better driver as I was told. The camera is set so sensitive anything sets it off, a bird flew in front of me the other day and low and behold it started recording trust me I'm not making this up. They want you to maintain posted speed limits, but when you got 45000lbs plus pushing you down a hill to gain momentum to get up a hill I see no need to apply the brakes, thats just my 2 cents

indianaEMT Thanks this.
  10. Shortrac

Shortrac Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    Every one i talk to says they dont mind the camera facing out.

11. indianaEMT

Dec 18, 2011
    Crawfordsville, IN
    EXACTLY!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.