Anything out there??

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by jt0343, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jt0343

jt0343 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2015
    I am currently with a company that thinks sitting for a day after every load is acceptable and to me it is not unless im at home. With that being said, does anyone know of a company pulling DRY VAN trailers that allows a rider and pet and will keep me moving. I want to get 650+ miles a day weather permitting and have a load available after every load I complete. Please don't say im being unrealistic because I know for a fact there are companies out there that have what im looking for. I was with Tri National Inc out of Earth City, MO for 6 years and they had it all. Average was 3,500 miles a week and home 2 days a week, best weeks were 4200 in 5.5 shifts. I left those guys because I wanted to bring my dog along with me which they didnt allow and to be honest, I went over my HOS a few times and 1 of the safety guys told me if it happens again they might have to let me go. I didnt want to risk it and get terminated and have them put "unsatisfactory safety record" on my DAC so I just quit and tried something new but I give TNI a very solid 4/5 stars because no company is perfect but they were dang close. This new gig I decided to try is TRASH because the appointment times are way too stretched out. Any recommendations??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    In this environment, you may have to consider reefer to keep moving at all times...

4. Kansas City Long Hauler

Kansas City Long Hauler Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2022
    I live in Kansas City Missouri and there's a bunch of flatbed companies that's been calling me but I don't tarp, I'm also looking for a good Dry Van or Reefer company, there are no solo over the road jobs here in Kansas City, most the ads you see here on Craigslist are from companies out of state and they want teams... The economy is so bad here, when I do get working again I'm leaving Kansas City permanently

5. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    So if you're going to leave KC permanently, why does it matter if the company is based in KC to begin with?

6. MTI Transportation

MTI Transportation Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2021
    We are currently looking for OTR Drivers. Our entire fleet is 2022's and DryVan. We are based out of Warrenville IL and you'd be starting at $0.70 a mile (going off the 6 years of verifiable experience I know of so far). We also are okay if you bring your dog and a passenger on the road. Give me a call at (210) 627-8275 and I can tell you more about what we can offer.

7. Kansas City Long Hauler

Kansas City Long Hauler Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2022
    Simple answer.... You have to have money to move, so until a person gets a good job they are stuck where they're at, I hope to find a good job based in the Kansas City area because when I get $5,000 I'm going to relocate, I will never live in this dump of a city again

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.