anyway to bypass low voltage sensor?

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by sbaumann14, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Nskpool

Nskpool Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2018
    Basically I went underneath the air filter un screwed the end of the line that connects to the 7th injector very gently hit it upward untill it disconnects get small hose stick it in the line & try to pull fuel or you can do it with fuel vacuum kit they sell it at home depot & . One fuel start to appearing close the line back same way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nskpool

Nskpool Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2018
    Yes sir, battery sign is still there but I was able to spot my ecm was freid so took it out went to Volvo paid near 1339$ for new one with programmed done by Volvo. Basically now waiting for the ecm to arrived by Thursday. I hope that will solve the problem. I had tech look under for the starter wire Jack ### couldn't figure it out & left so I had to figure out my self since not to many machanic will touch Volvo electronic problems. As it's very difficult to trace the short circuit. I did check all starter wires battery wires alternator wires coming from to the starter are good I don't know what else to do. I hope putting new computer will void all the problems & I be on my way

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. Nskpool

Nskpool Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2018
    Found burned wire on alternator now gonna cut it & remount it. This wire made me spend $4k after all said & done followed by fried ecm /freid starter/ freid alternator & harness
    Sad part is it took my non mechanic self to spot it while 4 different techs couldn't figure it out. . hard lesson experience. I learned so much about technical aspect of the Volvo that's amazing be aware of those road side rookie techs guys thanks for every thing. Tomo is my day 20190320_173157.jpg

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Newto Trucking Thanks this.
  5. RoadRanger^^

RoadRanger^^ Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    On my Volvo Vnl 2011 shows the same code sometimes.
    MID 144 PSID 230 FMI 5. Truck won’t start and it doesn’t have electrical power at all. What i found was bad connection under the cab of a driver seat. There is a switch for turning on and off the power for the whole truck, behind that one has two cables for + and - and everytime my truck didn’t start i would just take of the step fairing and move the switch and the power will come on. Ended up lose wire. It will also flickering your dash when push button like trying to open window or turn on the AC.
    Hope this will be helpfull for somebody.
    Have a great day!

Newto Trucking and Intothesunset Thank this.
  6. Rustam12

Rustam12 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2019
    I got code MID 144 PSID 230 FMI 5. i clean the batteries, bolts, and all the positive and negotive, with wire brush and spray WD40 the code is off but Im not sure if it will come back on again.

7. RoadRanger^^

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    Was it saying “maintenance vehicled ECU required”?
    and i think you should be good!

8. Rob100100

Rob100100 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    After you have cleaned the battery terminals and wiring you should spray the terminals with a sealant to keep the corrosion from coming back quickly. CRC 05046 battery terminal protector is very good. WD40 is ok to clean them for a short time but does not last for more than a few days.

Newto Trucking and Rustam12 Thank this.
  9. Rustam12

Rustam12 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2019
    Yeah thats exactly what it says

10. RoadRanger^^

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    if it doesn’t show anymore after you clean and tight the connections up, then you solve the problem friend!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.