AOBRD vs ELD

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by MGE Dawn, May 20, 2019.

1. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    This might be one of the dumber threads y'all ever read, but my company is getting ready to switch me from an AOBRD to an ELD, and I'm hoping to make this transition as seamless as possible so as to avoid accidentally FUBARing my HOS. Any tips and advice is welcome, and thanks in advance for the help

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JLMooreKCMO

JLMooreKCMO Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2007
    My understanding is no DeWayne in moving truck to it putting you on the driving line .

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    What exactly are you concerned about fudging up in the transition?

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Well, there ya go.
    Well done Scooter

Scooter Jones Thanks this.
  6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    You missed the <5mph triggers driving status. Must be 5 or under, including any movement at all if it's set up that way.

7. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I have a stupid question.
    Lets say you have some work performed and the mechanic test drives your truck, is there a way to record it is being driven, but not by the driver?
    What if they service your truck, then take it out and hook up for you, and you come in 30 minutes later to start your shift, does it account for things like this?

8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Whoever administrates the ELD should add a mechanic/service user to account for this.

COBB2070 Thanks this.
  9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Yeppers. What should happen is when putting the truck in the shop the driver should log out. And log out, not just go off duty.
    The mechanic should log in with his id if he drives it and the movement will be his.

What will likely happen is the driver logs out when putting in the shop. The truck will get movement recorded without anyone logged in. The driver will then log in when he gets the truck back and the eld will ask about those movements. Just tell the eld it wasn't you and you are good to go.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    PE_T, COBB2070, 88 Alpha and 2 others Thank this.
  10. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Ok. I was wondering about that.
    If that is the case. what is to keep a guy from making a quick shuttle or running down to get a bite to eat or anything. and telling the eld that it isn't you? I know goofy questions. but it seems far from fool proof in some regards.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.