App-based ELD that actually works?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Cutielulu593, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Keep trucking can and should be slaved to the truck you are driving. Real electronics logs start logging driving when the truck moves. April 1 I believe this is required. Do other apps have provisions for this?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Toona67

Toona67 Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Keep Truckin sends a GPS based ELD module for free and you just have to pay for the appropriate Y cable for your vehicle for plug in. If you discontinue the service you just send back the module. It is similar to Fleetmatics (Reveal Connect now) and, as I said, it does not have the functionality of the Verizon system behind it.
    Were I an OO, I would love the Keep Truckin system as it i a SUPER easy elog app. As a fleet manager these days, there are some reporting systems and data collection systems that are definitely lacking.
    Fleetmatics has really done a good job these last 2-3 weeks of getting their act back together. Since the roll out of the new updated Reveal Connect system I have had ZERO issues with any part of their system. They have also gotten their service side up to snuff and they are much more responsive. The only drawback to them now are their draconian contract terms (much like their parent company Verizon!!), and the cost factor. I think for a small company they may be worth the monthly fee as you can data mine a huge amount of information to help you run your fleet in a short staffed environment.

Moving Forward Thanks this.
  4. CoyoteExpress

CoyoteExpress Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Carlingford NB Canada
    Keeptrucking have a lot of iwssues
    they lia over month about futures
    15mph ... 1. Will be working latest by yhe 18. Dec
    Then by end of jan END of 1 1/4
    Now "we are working on it"

Eld audit....
    A driver startmin us under 70/8 drive 9h to the border with no brake ... so 1h over the 8...
    Change the rule to 70/7 for canada
    The kt log audit don't show the valation
    Same probs if you run over 0000 for 1h under 70/7 and use youe 16h
    Then 1030h off and by 1800 you switch back to 70/8 because you cross back to us
    Kt will show you a 14h valation for the 0000 to 0100 time .. but under 70/7 cad rule it is legal ...

There are a lot of more this problems with kt
    So there units/software dos not meet the fmsca regulations probertly!!

5. Bank_Lbr

Bank_Lbr Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2018
    If you're using an "Apple" Mobile Device... Throw it out the window and get an Android. There's a reason, 90% of the suppliers DON'T even bother with IOS Compatibility.

6. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    Mine works #### good. iPhone 7 and 3rd gen Tablet......I run the app on both at the same time.....

Bank_Lbr Thanks this.
  7. Bank_Lbr

Bank_Lbr Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2018
    What System are you using?

8. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
  9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    A 20 minute video is not short. Might want to trim it down to 2-3 minutes of an overview if you want to use it as a sales tool....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
    Reason for edit: Removed quote.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.