App weigh? Anyone using it? Do you like it?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by PureLeafTea, Sep 26, 2018.

1. PureLeafTea

PureLeafTea Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Anyone using this app and sensor system? Looks interesting and is priced right at $150. Screwed up the title it’s APP WEIGH!

Appweigh.com

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If we don't watch it we will have a app for eating food.. /snarky.

If we are going to have a proper onboard weight system installed into a big rig pernamently, it has to be able to send data from each wheel to the cab where you the driver can make a determination that shes at legal axle and legal gross for whatever load you are at cross indexed against your kingpin and bridge laws when necessary.

Apps. *Snorts.... I think they are a cheap way to do something that has very serious legal and financial implications when Mr DOT is standing on your fuel tank at 1000 over axle.

RustyBolt and NightWind Thank this.
  4. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I use it, usually within 200 lbs, easy to install, took longer to find my tubing cutter than the install took. Buy a cheap cutter so ends are square and won’t leak.
    Turn off your other Bluetooth devices if it doesn’t want to read.

I still have my gauges just in case, I load a lot with a crane and don’t have much chance of shifting load after the crane leaves.

I like not having to cut into wiring harness to install.

85CE50D4-8473-4C18-930D-CBEC220C3E85.jpeg

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    They’re okay but can need periodic calibrating because of the added conversion and translation required. I personally prefer just your basic pressure gauge setup. Tractor and/or trailer. Less to go wrong. And it’s universal. No app required. If you drop your phone in the toilet, your gauge weight readout will still be accessible

But the negative is they can be trailer specific with regards to pressure to rough pounds conversion. So drivers unfamiliar with gauge (equipment) may not know what’s what unless they are some how documented with paper and pen

NightWind Thanks this.
  6. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
  7. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    Interesting that it calculates for the steer axle, or do you have air ride steer? It looks pretty handy!

snowman_w900 and NightWind Thank this.
  8. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    On line average price is $150.00 per sensor which isn't bad really

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    It "estimates" what you might have on the steer by what it thinks you have on the drives, and using a basic math multiplication factor that is determined at calibration time (assuming you input good numbers, and do the calibration process correctly) and going from what is known light, versus what is known heavy and assuming you don't shift the 5th wheel slide any. Doing so will render the math formula generated at calibration, no longer valid.

But the steer estimate is never really a concern for most once they understand their configuration and leave it alone.

SuperRookie, NightWind and Oxbow Thank this.
  10. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    That was my assumption.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.