Appalachian tagalong trailers

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Ruthless, May 13, 2024.

1. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    Air Brake Trailer Line | Pintle Flatbed | View Inventory

Anybody seen these up close? Stumbled upon the brand the other night; seems like it gotta be a second tier brand based on price alone…. But maybe not?
    Anybody use tagalongs enough to have a comparison on the build specs?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    I take it you’re referring to this kind of tag a long…?

IMG_5459.jpeg

beastr123, Ruthless, cke and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Yep
    Looking for a 3 axle 25+ ton with ramps, as long of a deck as possible. Stumbled on this brand and never heard of them before so I figured I’d ask around

cke, Feedman and OLDSKOOLERnWV Thank this.
  5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

Shame, I sold a 3 axle 25 ton Eager Beaver with ramps for $8500 about 3 years ago. Just trying to get rid of it for EZ when they shut down. I used to haul the 312 Cat on it to the csx yards to dig the holes for the 100’ lights. It was a good trailer.

I haven’t seen an Appalachain up close so can’t give a honest personal review on them. But will be paying attention in the future….

cke and Ruthless Thank this.
  6. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Might seem like a bargain, but considering what it's used for, that's about in line. It's usually driven with a dump truck, at least, that's what we used it for from where I retired. It had a steel floor and we could use it to haul some equipment, but primarily used it for hauling concrete forms, stakes, preformed concrete pieces for sewage/catch basin repairs...etc. Presuming that's the kind of thing you're looking to do with it, that's not a bad price. If you're planning OTR with that, eh....wouldn't do it. Air brakes or not.

If what OLDSKOOLERnWV shows is what you're thinking about, though that 3 axle looks close in price to this website's offerings though they seem a little higher.
    Pintle Hitch - Diamond C Trailers being as this manufacturer even I've heard of before. :)
    :banghead:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.