Apparently unless you have 7000$ laying around

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Architect024, May 16, 2022.

1. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Allow me to disagree with the expression 'slave to a system'.
    I prefer to be a wiling participant not a slave.
    The distinction is significant. At least for me.

Chinatown, tscottme and nredfor88 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yes when I read these ridiculous fees that CDL training facilities charge, it does make me wonder if there is some kind of wrought taking place, is it really going to make the highways safer? These schools are really only teaching drivers the basics when they should be teaching drivers how to drive defensively, considering the rates they charge. If a driver has to pay such ridiculously high rates then they do deserve the best.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I wanted to do a GFM for a new ZL-1.

None of you helped though.

Very mean.

5. Marine0311!

Marine0311! Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2022
    Roehl is a meat grinder with a huge turnover and way too much red tape . Sure some make it and like it but for every 100 , three might stay

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    So many potential drivers seem to be on drugs. They're paranoid that everyone and every company is out to get them.
    Trucking companies are formed to destroy people and not to be successful and haul freight. I've never witnessed anything like this in my life. A few non-descript people are convinced an industry of 996,894 for-hire carriers, 813,440 private carriers, and 83,235 other interstate motor carriers in the US, were formed for one reason and one reason only, and that is to destroy one person that wants to be a trucker.
    A CDL is only for enticing people into the spiders web and destroy them. Freight hauling is only a cover the spider uses to survive by destroying the unsuspecting people that think hauling freight really exists. All those trucks at truck stops are merely a cover to trick people into thinking all those drivers really are hard working Americans making a good living. Don't fall for it; stay home and play video games and avoid reality.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  7. Numbzinger

Numbzinger Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2022
    Nobody needs $7k to go to CDL school. Get a CL manual and read it. Take the online Truckers Against Trafficking course and get the certificate. Take the Entry-Level Drivers Training course online. The manual is available online and in paper form for no charge through your state driver's license bureau. The ELDT is available for a little as $25 online. Just find one that's FMCSA approved. Get your DOT physical for around $100 to $120. Take your certificates for the TAT, ELDT, and DOT physical with you to the driver's license bureau and take the commercial driver's license learner's permit written test for cheap. In my state it costs me $13. Once all that's completed contact the driving schools you're interested in and you should be able to attend their school for around $3k. That's half of what a local school wants for the whole thing combined. They give their students 3 days to read through the manual in order to pass the written exam. Once a student passes the written test they effectively spent $3k in three days on a permit and the rest will be spent on learning pre-trip, backing, and road running.
    I did the above with the exception of the ELDT. I was an o/o with a mobile home truck for a year in the mid-eighties so I was exempt from that and saved $25. Nobody has to spend $7k to go to school when they have to study the manual and do all the other stuff anyway. I have 2 schools in my area that will teach me the rest for $3k. If I wanted I could do a check out ride for $250 and start driving but I've chosen to get completely retrained because it's been way too long to think I've retained my knowledge from almost 40 years ago.

8. RuralTrucker

RuralTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2022
    This is exactly how dumb every conspiracy theory sounds, from COVID-19 being fake, to vaccines killing athletes, etc.

9. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    What kind of conspiracy theories are we talking? Pre-2020, or post-2020?

The reason I ask, is pre-2020 a conspiracy theory was just a conspiracy theory. But post-2020, a conspiracy theory is the news, but six months early.

10. RuralTrucker

RuralTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2022
    Conspiracy theories period. They all sound dumb.

11. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018

Unless they turn out to be true later on down the line. Then we just don’t care anymore and is old news at that point.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.