Apple Laptop or PC??

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by tdriver196, Aug 15, 2012.

1. toostroked

toostroked Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2010
    If you get a medium to high specked PC, it will be just as fast as a Mac, for a while. Then the PC will eventually get malware, and become slow. Some people who are really computer savy, can keep a windows machine going fast. The anti virus software for a PC, uses resources, and will slow your computer too. I have been using Macs since '07, and I cant see myself going back to windows.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Autocar

Autocar Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2012
    The Hot Rod Shop Oxford, AL
    That could be a problem. Landstar only supports Internet Explorer, so our O/Os with Apple products do have problems getting on the company website. I'm sure other companies are the same way.

4. IceCreator

IceCreator Medium Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    How can a company website not be viewed on the many other browsers?

5. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    We have plenty of people that complain how Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox don't work well or even at all on our site. They can log on, but they can't navigate. Why? I don't know, I'm not a nerd, I'm a truckdriver.

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    you know, apple just recently got a nasty virus.

so even apple isn't immune,

7. Autocar

Apr 28, 2012
    No, they are not totally immune. That is why my husband runs an anti-virus on his.

8. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Apple has only been immune so far because the price point is prohibitive. Because more people have PCs, if you are trying to wreck havoc, you go w/ the lowest common denominator. The PC. As more people get Apple products, the risk will go up.

cowboy_tech Thanks this.
  9. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    I'll stick with my PC, thanks. I'm a gamer, and PC offers much more variety in games than Apple. Plus, the games come out much faster for PC, and I don't want to wait for chancy Apple "ports".

I will admit that for web-based basics, email, and graphics (movies and such), Apple does offer a superior product. But I'm not losing 75% of my game library (or more) when I can tweak my graphics to supply a similar experience for movie watching (similar enough that my eyes cannot tell the difference, at least).

cowboy_tech Thanks this.
  10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Why not have both worlds..

11. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Those of us who remember the 68K Mac days will also remember the virus problems that plagued Macs back then. (Remember infected Hypercard stacks???)

OS X is a *lot* better, since it's based on a Unix core, and so has significant protection on its system files.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.