application approved

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by jmontes77029, Jan 9, 2013.

1. jmontes77029

jmontes77029 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2013
    My application was approved. I am supposed to star school in Houston on 2-18-13. I do have a criminal background which was already discussed with Lou Ann Aronna at Stevens. But the crimal charges are over 10 years old so she was able to approve me. So does this mean after I finish school and obtain my CDL that I will be employed by Stevens? Also, I heard that the run all the backgrounds and driving records again at orientation. Is that true because while I was on the phone with Lou she had ran them before she set me up with school. If they do run it again will I have problems passing background check since its already out in the open and I have not lied and also been approved? Also, what should I expect when I go to orientation?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    since you have 6 weeks to start. that would be a GOOD time to expunge your criminal background.

go to you criminal backgrounds investigation. submit your fingerprints. wait for the letter. go back and get the form you need and follow directions. you can finish the process in one day. BEFORE you go to school and won't be home till who knows when.

the letter generally takes 30 days.

4. jmontes77029

Jan 9, 2013
    I was told that my background is not a problem. And isnt it alot of $$$$ to exspunge?

5. MUDSUN30

MUDSUN30 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Hickory
    I guess it depends a lot on what kind of charges you have!!??

6. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    If you have disclosed everything and are approved for school, you will be offered a job once you receive your CDL and pass your drive test. Stevens will not approve you for school if you do not pass requirements for hire by Stevens.

jmontes77029 Thanks this.
  7. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    This is true on paper. You better call Stevens and ask a recruiter BEFORE you start school. So many people successfully go through the schooling to find they aren't "qualified" for the job due to something in their past. Its better safe than sorry. Schooling ranges from $4,000-$8,000 and I'm sure you don't want to but put in a position like that without a job.

8. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Those people that aren't qualified, have not disclosed everything. Stevens knows if they put someone thru school and then that person doensn't go to work, their chances of collecting the money are slim, dim and nothing.
    I cannot believe the number of people that 'forgot' that DUI last year, or the trial for assault five years ago.
    That's what gets them in trouble.
    However, to be sure, Stevens does all their background checks and you get your physical in the first three days. If there is something, it will turn up there...before you are in debt for the school.

BossOutlaw88 and jmontes77029 Thank this.
  9. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Last time I was on the yard... which was the week between Christmas and New Year I had reason to visit Mike Nunn. He was on the phone when I got to him so I had to wait. It was apparent he was on the phone with someone from the Houston school who had failed the drug screen and one thing he made clear to the caller was that since he had not received his CDL, he owed no tuition.

10. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Congrtas Jmontes!

11. jmontes77029

Jan 9, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.