application denied

Discussion in 'Millis' started by MrIT, Dec 18, 2013.

1. PowderBlue

PowderBlue Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
    Sorry to say Steve but forced fuelling and routing is in the future. .. heard it first hand from Mike Millis at last train the trainer meeting. But Millis is not the only company using the system they plan to implement

loose_leafs Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stevenneill

stevenneill Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
  4. PowderBlue

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
    The way it was explained to me is ... you will not have a "forced route" but... you will have mandatory fuel stops included with your load information. Which results in forced routing in order to hit all your fuel stops.

loose_leafs Thanks this.
  5. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    What type of truck did you get when's you started and what areas you driving and what kind of miles you get if you don't mind sharing.

6. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hahahah I guess Millis didn't run this by Steve first...don't worry Steve carries a lot of weight here and he can stop it. Hahahaha

loose_leafs Thanks this.
  7. jwb1485

jwb1485 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Sanatoga, Pa
    I have a 2013 kw t660 here at Wel. Most all the trucks are kw's and Pete's. All trucks have APU's and governed at 65. I'm OTR and when I'm solo, I'm also a trainer, I can look for 2500-3500 mi. Pay was recently raised too. If you are a new drvr with no experience, after training you'll make .34/mi, .37 after 3 months and .41 after a year. Plus a .01 for all miles driven every yr each yr. I live outside of Philly, but base out of our terminal in allentown. The most major lanes we run are Green Bay to pa, il, tx, ga, fl, northeast and we do have terminals in id and ca. You don't see west as much, but you can get out there. First year I did 135k mi solo. Overall great company 500 trks. Not afraid to hire if you meet criteria and a good fit for me. We do have ltl runs and while some guys don't like them, I don't mind them. A shorter run, with stop pay can sometimes make more then a long mile run.

let me know what other questions you have.

dennisroc and bmovers Thank this.
  8. stevenneill

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    I've never said, nor implied that I have any input or say in anything Millis does. Nor would I want anything to do with deciding anything for this company. What I have done is expose the BS some of you spout out without thinking about it. I have also said that two things that will force me to go elsewhere are forced routing and turning the trucks down to 61. Unlike some of you who blow everything out of proportion, I analyze everything, filter out the BS and make a decision . I don't typically complain about not getting good miles, because I don't have the time to complain. I'm too busy running miles. UNLIKE SOME people here, when I do complain, its usually for good reason. My personal opinion is that the forced routing runor is just that, I believe they WILL turn the trucks down gto 61 at which time I will finish paying off my school and I'll bounce somewhere else. Its not my fault you hate your job

9. stevenneill

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    If I do decide to go somewhere else, I won't bad mouth Millis. I still feel like Millis is a great company, and that it is well worth getting your start at. However, there are somethings I simply can not abide with, Micromanaging me is one of those things, I became a truck driver partly because I don't like being micromanaged. I have already decided what the two dealbreakers are for me, and I won't make a big deal out of it, if, and/or when they do it, I'll quietly and quickly find somewhere else. I do not believe forced routing and fuel stops will be implemented. If they are implemented and I am wrong, then I'll be with another company and I'll promote THAT company. I've already informed payroll to increase my weekly payments for school from $20 to $50 a week, because I'm serious about leaving if either of those two items are done.

10. PowderBlue

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
    Its not rumor... if you had been here for longer then a year then you would know forced routing and fuel stops was discussed via qualcomm fleet wide with Dan Millis... also like I said... at the latest train the trainer meeting we had a discussion with mike millis regarding the system they plan to implement. That being said... lots of other companies are running this same program. Opti idle is also in the works... but I got the impression from Mike that they will focus on drivers who do not meet the current idle requirements first. All these changes I am not fond of. That being said... its pretty hard to beat the pay, miles and equipment millis offers.. especially for newbies.

11. tntim

tntim Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Smryna, TN
    Can someone please explain the Pros/Cons of "Forced Routing" to a newbie? Also, I was under the impression that Millis already limited their trucks, What is the current limit set at?

Thanks as always.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.