Application for Swift rejected

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Larryrickenbacker, Sep 7, 2022.

1. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Again, you can't say too much. As long as you don't give his name, nobody here can identify who you're talking about.

But I bet a lot of companies would like to know about this guy before he comes shopping for a job their way. You need to think about others, not just yourself and this guy. If he's not even hirable by you, then other companies need to know this before they take this guy in, he wrecks the truck and they find out he shouldn't even be driving.

Think about others, man.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Anybody who searches "his name" and "his city" or "his occupation at the time" will find him pop up in the news headlines with quite the story behind it.

Let's just say the arrest involved the admission of something else prior and the possession of something used to evade detection of the thing to which he had admitted had it become necessary.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I’m going to give a bit of advice that many will not like

OP, lose some weight.

THIS IS A JOB WHERE YOU SIT ON YOUR BUTT FOR 11 HOURS A DAY.

YOU NEED GOOD EATING HABITS WITH A DISCIPLINED EXERCISE BEFORE YOU VENTURE INTO THE WORLD OF FLIP FLOPS AND BAGGY PANTS.

It don’t matter what you passed, the next dot will want to discuss with your sleep doc what your treatment plan is and if you have been following it.

Most likely being in the box will trigger another sleep study.

as for the meds, it is listed and could be a subject that could end up giving you a three month or one year card.

SWIFT?

seriously they did you a favor, i don't get how they are not sued out of business with the crap some of their drivers do. I know they have good drivers but hell, it seems those guys are leaving fast to go to work with better companies.

I just had a problem with swift, actually two of them, one is where I have a truck with $11,000 worth of damages from one of their drivers losing control while backing into a dock and repeatedly hitting the truck. A lot of damage to the point it was not drivable.

And the other for the third time being cut off by swift, they don’t seem to get that people don’t drive 60 mph in the other lane. They have consistently turn their turn signal on and just get over. The other day a swift driver put me into the median, causing damage to my truck, which I know that driver may not be working for swift much longer.

5. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Oh wow, only 11,000? I had an owner operator run over the front of my truck at a Loves in Mississippi. By the time he got done with it he hit 40,000 dollars in damages, 4 months of repairs and it had to be towed away.

6. Lexuslane

Lexuslane Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2021
    Li
    Like the comedian Ron White always said :” I had the right to remain silent , but I didn’t have the ability “

7. Lexuslane

Oct 22, 2021
    Y’all don’t google peoples names when they apply for a job ?

the company I work for now is not a trucking company , but we always google the name on the application and hunt for their Facebook and twitter and instagram etc

I was in a really boring meeting a few years ago and the sign in clipboard they were passing around ended in front of me .
    So when I got really bored I started googling the names of the people at the meeting .
    And two of the 14 people had their mug shots pop up first thing .
    One was for felony theft over $5000 .
    That’s the guy you want running your construction site right ?

8. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Only if we have reason to. If their application is normal, no listed violations, clean MVR and good PSP, we have no reason to google their name. The moment something doesn't add up, however, my internet sleuthing begins.

9. Lexuslane

Oct 22, 2021
    We always do.

You’d be surprised how many people have lots of online rants or lots of Facebook pictures of booze and bongs etc ,

10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    What is surprising is how many people don't think that stuff will be found out.

Stories of it happening all the time, but people just can't keep off the social media platforms.

11. Saltyoldone

Saltyoldone Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Boise
    I consider this a Swift rejection. It’s just me rejecting Swift.

Swift has been texting (spamming) me lately claiming that they have a dedicated route out of Boise that is home weekly.
    So after a couple of weeks I text the recruiter a couple of questions about the job.
    Their reply
    “do not text this number again”
    WOW you have been spamming me for weeks and you will not answer one text. Swift will only talk to you over the phone. To me that is a red flag. If Swift doesn’t want you to have physical evidence of what the recruiter tells you that is a company to RUN from.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.