Applied and waiting for a call.

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Jbkrash, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Jbkrash

Jbkrash Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Mchenry County Illinois
    Howdy everyone well it turns out that Gordon does not allow pets as it was said earlier I just talked to a recruiter. So Gordon is out for me. I did ask about the Elgin Illinois add on Indeed and he said that was for a local position only so I did not ask any more about it. He did say if I wanted to change my mind and leave my dog at home call him back anytime they will keep my app on record for a while. So I have applied at Earl Henderson, Marvin Keller, and Wel Companies waiting for a phone call from Wel and Keller I will probably make a decision between those 3 companies now since they all except pets and they are all pretty close to my home. I'll give an update on this thread when I make a decision. I hope everyone is having a great day!! :biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mamamullins

mamamullins Medium Load Member

May 4, 2011
    Ingalls, IN
    Hey good luck, and let us know what happens.

4. Jbkrash

Sep 5, 2012
    Mchenry County Illinois
    Well I talked with a recruiter from Wel Companies and I really liked what he said. If all goes well with their checks on my app DAC MVR etc. he'll call me back in 48 hours or less with a yes or no. Then it's off to Green Bay Wisconsin the home of Green Bay Packers!! I'll keep you all posted. .... Specks for Wel's .38 pm OTR .40 pm Regional. $750 deposit for pet $300 refundable. $1000 sign on bonus paid your first month. OTR 10-14 days home for 2 2500-3000 miles a week, regional Monday-Friday home weekends. You are required to have a TWIC card they will pay for it and get it with you at orientation. No HazMat loads. They have no problem with my Wife coming on at a later date to drive teams. (like that would be a problem anyways). Anyways sounded like a good deal to me. I'll let everyone know how it goes! Have a great evening folks! :biggrin_25520:

mamamullins Thanks this.
  5. Bktrkrwannabe

Bktrkrwannabe Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2012
    McHenry County
    Can't wait for our new adventure to begin!

mamamullins Thanks this.
  6. mamamullins

mamamullins Medium Load Member

May 4, 2011
    Ingalls, IN
    Good luck you guys. My husband really likes it, and everyone he has talked with really likes it too. I am sure we will chat some more...have a great week.

7. Jbkrash

Sep 5, 2012
    Mchenry County Illinois
    Well I made it official today. Wel Companies it is! I go to orientation Sept. 24. I told the recruiter I needed a week to get my personal life together before I jump. He wanted me to start next Monday the 17th. With the way the recruiter talked and what I read from Mamamullins we decided this would be a good fit. As I said earlier I was choosing between Wel, Marvin keller, and Henderson. Marvin keller has not contacted me back yet been waiting 2 days since I talked to the recruiter there? Henderson sounded good except I was following another thread from a newer driver who has been sitting for 5 days without work for them. Made me kind of nervous about the miles and I also did not get the same good feeling vibe from their recruiter. Anyways I'll probably start a new thread like I've seen so many others do once I get to orientation. I hope everyone has a safe week! :biggrin_2551:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.