Applied to Fedex KC (MO), how long does the hiring process take?

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by motocross25, Dec 28, 2018.

1. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I applied for a road driver position about a week ago and a nice lady from corporate HR called me yesterday, asked a few questions, made sure I was aware of (luckily in my case have) the proper endorsements needed and said she would send my application on to the TM and he’d be giving me a call. My question is, hypothetically of course if things go well, how soon is a job offer made after an interview? Or is FedEx the type to wrap things up and say “everything looks good, when can you start?”. As noted in the title this is at the Kansas City position on the Missouri side, quite a bit smaller than the KCK terminal from the looks of it, so if anyone has any experience with either location, feel free to chime in as well!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. THE ROOKIE

THE ROOKIE Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    If things are still the same as when i worked there the whole process took about a month. They do a very thorough background check .

motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. THE ROOKIE

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    This was back in 2010 and i only worked there for 7 months.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I applied at fed ex ground out of KC in 2011 and they dam near begged me to work for them .
    Decided not to go there and they dam near cryed lol.
    They road tested me in a beat up kw t2000 and told me that's what I would be driving ...no thanks !

motocross25 Thanks this.
  6. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    I got hired 5 weeks after I applied. As a new road driver you will be on the extra board. Doing runs and rail runs.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  7. THE ROOKIE

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    If you are fairly young and can put in the time FedEx is the way to go. I was hired as a p/d local driver. But beings i had no seniority most of the time i did the linehaul run and worked the dock all night. The road drivers were always taking time off and i had to fill in.

Constantly changing my sleep patterns from days to nights and vice versa took its toll on me and when the merger with national came i took the buy out and left.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  8. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Thanks man. What’s a rail run? I have a buddy in St. Louis who is at FedEx Freight and he said he same thing you did. I guess you guys just bid so he said if I do get on I’ll be extraboard for a while. Which may or may not be a bad thing. Like I said I still hafta do my interview with the TM (if he calls) and I’ll be able to get more info I just kind of was wanting a bit of a jump start on what’s what. Thanks again for your info and your replies.

9. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    Rail run is pulling container to the rail yard and then come back. I started as a city driver, but do pretty much everything. I'm currently on the 12pm unassigned bid. Sometimes I start at 830 am and sometimes at noon. It depends how busy we are.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  10. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Hiring process for me took several months, and that is with a squeaky background and MVR record. Applied Jun 2, didn't start until September 4.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  11. Peterbuilt1013

Peterbuilt1013 Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Chicago
    Work for FedEx Freight. I worked there for 12.5 years in operations management. They treat their drivers good. Great employee atmosphere. You'll be working nights and will have dock work to do because your low on seniority. You will be surprised how quickly you move up.

Can't beat the benefits with a stick. Work with cool people for the most part. I wish FedEx never bought out American Freightways. Otherwise I would still be working there. But for drivers, FedEx Freight is the best subsidiary to work for. FedEx express and ground is a much different ball game.

motocross25 and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.