Applied to Fedex KC (MO), how long does the hiring process take?

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by motocross25, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Ground != Freight. Completely different animals.

motocross25 and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Peterbuilt1013

Peterbuilt1013 Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Chicago
    Ground = Freight? Ground is smaller parcels. Freight is LTL carrier. FedEx bought out American Freightways back in 2001. All FedEx did was strip down all the benefits, bonuses and politicized everything. It was all about numbers and the quality of people they would hire was awful.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. Gearjammin' Penguin

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    No, it says ground DOES NOT EQUAL ( != ) Freight.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  5. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Just wanted to take time and thank everyone for their insight and help and give a quick update. I got a call today from the TM and I have an interview Tuesday at 4:30. We spoke for about 15 minutes a few questions asked from each side. He mainly wanted to make sure I knew starting out that there’d be some dock work involved, as that’s a deal breaker with most people applying that maybe might necessarily not know, or are new to the LTL side of trucking. He was happy to hear I knew what a PRO label was, what cubing out a trailer meant, and have 7 years of recent doubles experience. He went on to say this might be the easiest hiring process he’s had in awhile. I told him I hope that’s the case! Thanks again for everyone’s tips and information, I’ll update Tuesday after my interview.

6. Gearjammin' Penguin

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
  7. Peterbuilt1013

Peterbuilt1013 Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Chicago
    Best of luck driver

motocross25 Thanks this.
  8. Schoob

Schoob Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Southeast Mo
  9. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    It went really good @Schoob thanks for asking! I wanted to update sooner but I was there awhile and had to get to my current job. He asked a few typical questions, what do you like most about your job? What would you do in this scenario? What would you do if that scenario? Bla bla then it was pretty much just us talking and me asking questions. A lot of them not pertaining to my position but mainly because I’m nosy. How many runs do they have, what’s the longest run, what’s the odds of me pulling triples, stuff like that. One thing I was really impressed with other than the aggressive pay scale is the benefits. My god. I literally won’t even be paying a 1/4 for health, dental and vision for my daughter and myself as to what I’m paying now for just health.
    He was honest and did say he has a pretty solid road board and there’s hardly any movement on it, but 2 guys are retiring in spring, another is transferring terminals and 1 took a management position. So I’ll have 4 seniority spots below me from that, and they are adding 40 doors. And with an addition of doors comes an influx of freight, and more people needed to move it so he went on to say I’m coming in at a good time.
    So with that all said, I signed off agreeing they can run my mvr, he said they should have it back Wednesday or Thursday and to expect a call or email from him when that comes back clear to set up a road test and drug screen and we’ll start talking start date.

bzinger, jmz and Schoob Thank this.
  10. Schoob

Schoob Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Southeast Mo
    Good to hear! I've though about applying a few times at their Sikeston, Mo terminal but always ended up elsewhere. Sounds like you might get out of working the docks pretty quick with people coming in under you.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  11. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    This is a really helpful thread, thanks @motocross25!

I’ve been thinking about applying to the same location, but I only have 6 months experience right now so I’ll probably end up doing it in the summer.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.