Applied to Fedex KC (MO), how long does the hiring process take?

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by motocross25, Dec 28, 2018.

1. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Just giving an update. Still playing the waiting game. Apparently when I filled out my app and put my DL info, it flagged it as me only having a CDL for 2 years, due to me renewing and updating my HazMat. And when I do so, the dmv stamps “Void” on it, asks me if I want my old license or for them to dispose of it, so I just have them put it in the shredder, so I don’t have all my last licenses for 10 years, even tho it’s the same number. Idk, I don’t exactly get it. But I guess this is a common problem due to the application website being revamped and he assured me they are having this same exact issue with all their new hires, albeit a pain for all parties involved. Might be a blessing though it’d be a cold next few nights on the dock!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    @motocross25 How’s the hiring process going? Looks like they removed the Road Driver position from the careers website.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Great! Thanks for asking. I got my official employment offer Friday and had to e-sign a few things and email them back to corporate. I’m supposed to be hearing from the terminal the beginning of this week to set up my road test, drug test and physical. Once all that comes back clear we can set up a start date. It’s been a lengthy process, but I figured it would be, now things are starting to happen and I’m beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Fuelinmyveins, jmz and bzinger Thank this.
  5. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Just as an update if anyone cares, I thought FXF forgot about me. They called today apologetic and explained they’ve been swamped with the weather and shutting down the terminal at least 1 day for the past few weeks. I had started looking at other avenues and had some good leads going when they called today. Go in Tuesday for a road test, physical and drug test and do some pre employment paperwork. FXF was my first choice, the pay and benefits are top notch, so I’m going to keep staying this course. Hope it all works out and not too much longer!

6. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    You’re in!

motocross25 Thanks this.
  7. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    If you don’t mind saying, what’s the starting pay at that location?

motocross25 Thanks this.
  8. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Don’t mind at all. $22.40/ hr I think and 56 cpm. I say I think because it was nearly 2 months ago I interviewed, but I think that’s about right.

jmz and bzinger Thank this.
  9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Rock on !

motocross25 Thanks this.
  10. viper822004

viper822004 Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2014
    DFW
    So...... are you in? Update?

11. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.