Apps for reserving parking

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by IluvCATS, Sep 29, 2017.

1. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Quick online parking reservations. Is TA the app to get? Just TA or do Loves and Pilot offer the same thing..?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    TA does have a easy to use app. I believe Pilot was working on one. Don't believe loves has any reserved parking but I would be shocked if after December they don't.

Shock Therapy and IluvCATS Thank this.
  4. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Loves doesn't do reserved parking anywhere as far as I know. P/Fly doesn't let you reserve a spot through their app, but the app does let you find which locations have reserved parking and which do not. Also, it is very annoying that P/Fly truck stops cannot take credit cards over the phone, so you have to wait on hold for ever to get through to their main number. TA/Petro did things right. You can see how many spots they have and how many are available, and you can reserve a spot without having to make any calls (provided your phone has a data signal).

djoh615893 and IluvCATS Thank this.
  5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    The PFJ app sucks for reserved parking purchases. The web site is not much better. However they claim "improvements are coming". However given that are using chimpanzees with poor coding skills to build their iOS app, don't hold your breath.

Rocks, IluvCATS and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  6. Antinomian

Feb 17, 2013
    It's not just the programmers. Who designed the screens for that app?

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I won't complain much about cosmetics but I do expect a snappy load and interface and code that works effectively and quickly, and with as little GUI input from user as possible. Also, the app should NEVER rely on the browser app to perform a task it should be doing just because the programmer is lazy, and if it must, then it should pass current information to the browser so as not to have to start over again from scratch. SO stupid and weak, PFJ app team.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  8. Antinomian

Feb 17, 2013
    LOL. To me, this app has outsource written all over it. Hard to believe anybody who actually works there and knows the business would have written it knowing what was already available from the competition. Then again, the P/Fly app is better than Love's app.

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Agreed. We don't fuel at Loves but I refer to it once in a blue moon. But at least it loads fast.

10. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Ok I have the TA app and entered my loyalty number and credit card info. I'm really hoping this works. I'll use it soon. I was driving with a coworker who said he always does it for getting a parking spot in difficult cities. Takes the stress out of the late afternoon-soon-to-be-night driving into large cities. I get reimbursed by my company for any paid parking. So this is a no brainer.

Rocks Thanks this.
  11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    The TA/Petro app works pretty good for parking reservations. But you'll probably find you need to leverage both TA and PFJ if you're OTR to increase your options. There a few smaller PFJ's that don't offer reserved parking, but as far as I know, all TA/Petros do.

You'll also find there are a few locations that regularly fill (parking reservations) up by noon that day (Like locations in Ontario, CA on select days) , if not many days sooner (Like TA in North Bend, WA)

Also, don't book too early if you think you'll be there before about about dark-thirty. There may be regular parking available. At all truck stops, some days are busy, some days are light and there's usually no rhyme or reason.

I recommend checking booking status in the afternoon, if there are only a few left, you might should book, but if there are 10 left and you're a few hours away, you may be able to "wait and see". If free parking is tight, then take a reserved and go in and pay.

djoh615893, Rocks and IluvCATS Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.