Apu Center

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by woolybully35us, Jul 2, 2018.

1. woolybully35us

woolybully35us Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    ks
    Thank you for all your responses

driverdriver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I've seen in a few TK shops used around 8k with warranty. Just a thought.

4. Pigbacon

Pigbacon Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Dale's in Springfield used around $6800 installed with 1 yr warranty. Booked until the first part of August on installs.

5. AVL

AVL Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2018
    Found Thermoking SE Wisconsin to have the best price. Bought two new units from them. Its Racine, WI area, really nice service manager and customer support at this location.

Ask for Jeff Behnette in sales
    2738 N Sylvania Ave. Franksville, WI 53126

(262) 835-9901

Oldironfan and driverdriver Thank this.
  6. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    97 degrees out now.
    I've had to turn the temp knob( red/blue)
    to midway cause it's getting friging cold in here . fan down to lowest speed.

7. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi

Price was. I’ve heard Prime sells the Big Rig rebuilt for 1800.00 and it’s 700.00 or so to install

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I've heard from word of mouth the Veriha trucking in Marinette, WI has used TK apu units for $800. But never maintained right so need a tuneup. And installed.

9. JimLys Xpress LLC

JimLys Xpress LLC Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2018
    I purchased a dynasys gen 1 3 years ago next month. I had a few issues at first but they warrantied everything. I’ve had a few bad customer service experiences but I’m kind of a spoiled brat so I’ll take the blame. I paid $5500 for my apu and it’s cost me approximately $1000 in repairs in 3 years. I use it everyday a lot! It’s paid for itself many times over. I might whine at them but Bob has gone above and beyond what he should have. I’ll buy my next one here also.

10. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I would only recommend APUs from Thermo King or Carrier. The other brands won’t have as many repair locations, and there won’t be as many YouTube videos showing you how to fix it. If the APU will cost over 4k, just get a new one. If you buy a used APU, ask for the engine hours. About 2k engine hours is one year of usage. It would be nice if the APU has 6k hours.

I think the Tripac Evolution comes with a DPF. If possible, you want the APU without a DPF to reduce repair costs. I have a Tripac (older model), and it does not come with a DPF.

I will tell you that APUs can be very expensive to repair. You can easily spend over 1k in repairs and maintenance per year. I recommend everyone to learn how to do the maintenance and repairs to reduce this cost. It’s really not too difficult, just time-consuming.

11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Resurrecting this thread .
    I've got an appointment with apu center tmw to see if they can diagnose and fix the electrical gremlins that have plagued my carrier unit for the last 8 months.
    My home shop has over 100 of these units and they're scratching they're heads .
    I'll post my experience here .

PE_T and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.