AR Transport?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by mikecpjr12, Sep 20, 2013.

1. mikecpjr12

mikecpjr12 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2013
    charlotte nc
    Keep seeing these trucks really sharp anyone work for them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FueltankHank

FueltankHank Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Murfreesboro, TN
    What area of the country you live?

4. TheDude1969

TheDude1969 Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Joliet, Il
    I don't, but live down street from owner. WOW is he doing well for himself! <--- I don't mean that in a bad way
    This was one of the greatest co.'s left, but recently that changed according to few of his drivers. Owner either sold co. or has another co. running the operation. Thats all the info I know.

5. FueltankHank

Feb 5, 2013
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Jim is a great guy, Just seen him 2 days ago. He is still a consultant for the company. New ownership as of Jan 1 is as good as ever. The previous owners before that didnt do us any favors. Still a great company and lots of good stuff going on now.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  6. ppbr2001

ppbr2001 Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Hydro, Ok
    May be Alan Ritchey.

7. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    A friend of mine ran local/regional out of Cleveland. He didnt do well, I guess the complainers did good in Cleveland. I hear running the system (otr) is better money wise.

Jokingypsy Thanks this.
  8. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    I looked into them a few months back. Their pay is alright, equipment seems excellent. They did ask for more experience than I had back then. I think it's 3 years. Also I still don't meet their age requirement. It seems like a decent place if you wanna be gone for not too long and still make some good cash.

9. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Wow, I just looked at their website, they totally dropped their hiring requirements by a lot. Now they just want a year of exp? Something seems fishy. That's a big red flag right there.

10. FueltankHank

Feb 5, 2013
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I just asked my contact there in the know on that and here is what I got.

1. We're in a huge growth phase and trying to get up to 800-825 drivers up from 700'ish. So to hire that many they're looking getting more applications in. They're extrememly picky though on those that come in with lesser qualifications taking the best out of that group.

2. They're hiring more O/O's as well and not just out of the Gulf (Texas & Louisana).

3. The company's turnover has hisotrically been one of the lowest in the industry between 25-30% but with the implementation of e-logs it saw a number of drivers leave spiking turnover near 40% still low for the industry but unacceptable for the company. turnover is back down in the mid 30%.

4. The work is hard, You have to be an operator of the equipment, but its rewarding as well. It's not for everyone. So keeping experienced drivers is a focus and hiring the right people is also a focus.

hope that helps

11. mikecpjr12

mikecpjr12 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2013
    charlotte nc
    Thanks i currently live in charlotte nc with 8 months tank and 2 months otr van Ill check with them if a change is needed. Thanks to all for the info.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.