AR Transport?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by mikecpjr12, Sep 20, 2013.

1. White Knuckle

White Knuckle Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Richmond , Va
    I start my certification this week ,here in Morris . Wish me luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    Good luck bud. Just left there earlier and will be back there tomorrow loading for Rhode Island.. just a word of caution Morris is a mad house lol... its so freaking busy it gets crazy around there... only terminal that is like that.. Philly can be but only cause its so small..... Best of luck.. give a wave if you see truck 1327 ( freightliner) that will be me lol

4. FueltankHank

FueltankHank Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Murfreesboro, TN
    good luck with certification. Morris is a beast. They run 25% of all A&R's freight exit that locations 140-150 loads per day.

5. FueltankHank

FueltankHank Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Also, the new ownership since 1/1/13 has been investing money into the equipment getting up back up to snuff. they added 55 new trucks in 2013 and there will be 50 new sleepers hitting starting in april to start. A&R is currently at its highest driver count ever ans growing. from what ive been told they could have 50 more drivers and not handle the business offered up.

6. MayhemTrucking

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    Two weeks ago tim in central told me they had been doing right at 200 loads a day recently. Which is why I was sent 450 miles empty to morris from Ohio that week lol.. I was like wth. Lol there's no lack of work but I sure like staying the heck away from there

LeakyTank Thanks this.
  7. White Knuckle

Dec 11, 2013
    Richmond , Va
    The good news is I passed my cert. the bad news is I'm still here in Morris . At the begging of cert I took my 379 Pete in for an engine light. Later that day JJ hands me two full sheets of issue that my truck has.
    The guys here at Morris are great and I need to get this taken care of before it shuts me down on some back road. It's just, I've been out for almost three weeks and it's wearing on me.

8. MayhemTrucking

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    Yep they had my truck for over 2 weeks and I was in a loaner p.o.s. lol. Went home and came back to get it.. they did great work fixed all my issues and all new rubber but now I have a small wheel seal leaking since the work lol.. at least I can get a Petro to fix that... i really only have one gripe for AR and that's the maintance side.. there only like 3 terminals with mechanics in it and they they stay full from everyone else being sent to them. Florence has a huge shop and not a single mech. Seems they got rid of them a while back. But j.j. gets it done and then some.

9. White Knuckle

Dec 11, 2013
    Richmond , Va
    Yeah, they say that's gonna change... Wait and see.

thelastrebel Thanks this.
  10. shanbone

shanbone Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2011
    mobile, al
    I've been hearing that for a while. your tm probably said write up every little thing wrong with that truck when u went to cert. Hopefully u did because any other problems you didn't your now stuck with. They've made enormous progress throughout many areas of the company in the last year, but do remember they have a budget to follow and safety issues take priority. Due to the age of the equipment and neglect from previous investors a large part of the budget (IMO) is used to keep the equipment operating in compliance. I see my paycheck increasing and hope it's that way for others. So as long as it's safe and useable I just deal with it. The shop backlog is so bad I try to fix what I am capable of and turn in receipts for the parts. I hate working for free but it beats days lost waiting on a shop door then waiting on parts.

trucker91 and thelastrebel Thank this.
  11. MayhemTrucking

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    I agree 100% most times all the small things that I can or have tools for I work on myself. Doesn't bother me any. Other things that come up we get truck center to do unless its alot of things then it goes to morris like last time. I have to stop into truck center in Florence to get a hub seal changed tomorrow .can't do that one myself.. lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.