Are any other driver's Having problem's with Knight refridgerated

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by wolfmanswife, May 26, 2007.

1. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    No matter how much we Ladies may want to convince ourselves that having a working relationship with dispatch/load would be "interfering", we absolutely MUST realize that we ARE a part of the team that makes that team roll! Dispatch CANNOT read our minds, and I have had dispatchers call and ask ME for any important dates!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Ladies make up your minds that you are an important part of the team!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blue-Devilette

Blue-Devilette Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Rockwood, Tn
    You think this is bad..we lived in Utah but now in Tn. He hasn't transfered yet to the Memphis yard..we see him ONCE every 3 months if we are lucky..and we were told if he stayed in the SLC yard there would be no problem getting him home. Yeah Right!

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I have talked to several Knight drivers who work out of either the Seattle or Portland term and all seem to be getting plenty of miles and go home and do a restart at the very least weekly or bi-weekly. So I guess like any large OTR company it depends on where you live and who you are dealing with on a daily basis.

In Seattle they want you to avg 2750 a week and all the drivers I talked to where doing 3000+ a week running west coast freight and having trouble having hours to drive if they are out more then 7 days without doing a restart.

They have more freight then drivers is the word i get from their drivers in the NW and if you are willing to chain, have no problem getting you home when you want. One of their drivers even told me they have 24hr pay no forced dp -no chain policy (they leave it up to the driver) and no fuel or trip routing. Not bad for a OTR company in my book.

Knight refer seems like a whole different world compared to the dry side. Heck even their trucks are a different color.

5. jesdispatch

jesdispatch Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    I just spoke with a dispatcher/recruiter from the Dallas office. I live down in houston and have been thinking about a BIG name company. So far, if they hire me, I'm going for it. He had nothing but honest and straight forward answers for me, none of the selling aspects of most companies. I was told Dallas only has 4 dispatchers there, so maybe they aren't overwhelmed yet and I can sneak in before it all changes. He did mention the no force dispatch and no chain policy was true so that is nice to know that if I don't feel safe in a snow storm out west that I have the right to not operate my truck and risk others and myself / equipment. He also told me that they usually try to stay out of the NE which is great for me, cause I hate it. LOL....been up there too long I rekon. All n All it doesnt seem to be a bad company, but we'll see how it goes. Hopefully will make orientation by Monday and be on a truck by Thursday. I've been searching for an o/o to run with and found one, then he changed his mind on me, so.....I'm left pondering a big company again. I would be nice to know that when stuff breaks, it gets fixed...

Also, anyone has experience in their lease program? They seem to be more picky on theirs then others. I was told a $1,500 deposit, $500 down, and you have to be a company man for 3 months before you can apply for lease status. I'm thinking 2 things. 1. They actually care who they lease to, and TRY......yes, I said it.....TRY to make sure people are going to stick with them to lease, as well as letting a driver run with them to see if he/she likes them in return. 2. Same as everyone else, but your out the 2k up front. I guess its a crap shoot, but all goes back to how you handle yourself as a driver........maybe I'm wrong.....

1 other question just came to mind. How much of Knights stuff is drop/hook and or no touch???

6. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

jes,

You may want to hear a few more opinions before you jump.

Also there are many threads on here about Knight Refer.

Use the search feature on the menu bar, Good Luck !!

7. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Deleted by poster. Posted incorrect info.

8. jesdispatch

Mar 6, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    I did a search but only came up with this thread........what did i do wrong?

9. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    You did nothing wrong! I posted incorrect info about Knight Refrigerated. I mistakenly thought you were asking about Knight Transportation. Knight Transportation has a crappy safety record, but Knight Refrigerated is much better. I made a reference to Knight's DriverSEA.

It was MY post that was deleted. Please accept my apology for the confusion.

10. jesdispatch

Mar 6, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    No problem at all!!! Speaking of Knight Ref......... I don't see them on class A web site, or much of them here.........is that a sign that they might still be a decent company? Still searched more and can't find anything of how their freight is....weither its drop/hook or what % is no touch vs touch......... anyone have a link or exeprience?

11. jesdispatch

Mar 6, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    I will def keep researching, but what I find isn't anything in depth. They don't seem to be all over the place like other big names. However....orientation and truck assignment will be out of Dallas. Being that I live in Houston, I wouldn't loose too much trying them out. They also have 2 terminals here in Houston where they asked I parked my truck for hometime which is only 25 miles from the house, so I'm liking the fact that they have 2 yards locally.......I'll google them again and see what I can dig up and repost here if I find anything juicy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.