Are there any good trucking companies to drive for?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by kylemyers11, Jul 11, 2015.

1. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Says who?
    If that is really what you believe I have news for you. It is hard NOT to make 50k a year and still be home weekends or even three days. Local runners or part time make that. Hell I made over that back 6 years ago running a dedicated to NYC 3 days a week and that was it for the week.
    Of course there are a few welfare trucking companies out there and the big cheap freight ones that will bend you over.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ktut

ktut Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2013

4. ktut

ktut Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2013
    I have a question for you moving to Georgia thinking about applying at serta is every location union

5. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    The big name companies come with much opportunity for beginners but you are not family. If you want to make the most money you can in the trucking industry then I would say that you need to learn how to haul cars. There are many companies that will train you these days. Get some experience and then find a company that hires experienced drivers only. Hansen & Adkins drivers make on the average of $1500-2000 per week. And they are non union.

If car hauling doesn't interest you, find a company that does piggybacking. Piggybacking is the trucks you see going down the road 3 or 4 at a time piggybacked or tow boomed. You will go through a decking class for about a week. You will stay in hotels most of the time and fly back for your next load.

177.jpg

183.jpg 268.jpeg

There are good companies out there that are family oriented but those positions rarely become available. It's a matter of timing.

Haz Mat Tankers pay very well these days also. Also, oversize pays well but you need to get flatbed experience first before they will look at you. Then you will start at the bottom with easy loads.

The more experience you get with various areas of trucking the more you will be worth.

Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    The Patriot, YoungGuns and ktut Thank this.
  6. ktut

ktut Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2013
    I have over 20 year's experience in trucking nice to see someone answering in a positive response . most guy's shoot down getting into car hauling or even penny backing . thanks for the tip driver

The Patriot and MooneyBravo Thank this.
  7. MooneyBravo

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    Yes and we both know why don't we? Lazy with a capital L! hahaha

ktut Thanks this.
  8. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Had an offer to haul cars for big bucks..but the company is over in Ft Wayne Ind....too far for me to drive which sucks.

9. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    i don't think so but the pay is almost even across the board i assuming you were looking at Augusta and as a added bonus we now get 12 paid holidays just don't apply to simmons

10. MooneyBravo

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    There was company named Gulf States who changed names and they train drivers. C.A.R transport in Burleson, TX has a training program. United has a training program. They're out there you just have to look for them. http://carhaulingjobs.net/

11. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    System Transport is hiring guys out of OKC. either have a yard there or in Dallas. And we have a texas regional fleet you could run on. Or run OTR, it would be up too you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.