Are these insurance quotes reasonable???

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by 24kHotshot, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Sandwich

Sandwich Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2020
    What's your zip code? If you don't of course.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sandwich

Sandwich Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2020
    A tiny office in Mississippi and living in Tennessee seems like it would work perfectly.

4. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    That's INSANE!! $I2k maybe, for being new. How much experience do you have?

5. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    You have to be careful and check what the office requirements are. My LLC was originally based in MO but I lived in FL. I was going to pull my MC in MO because insurance was $4-5k cheaper but they required either I have my residence there or had a staffed office.. Can't just use a PO box or a $100 mail address they wanted someone at the office with posted hours.

6. rccarlson22

rccarlson22 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2019

7. Sandwich

Sandwich Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Yeah, maybe piggyback onto a pre-existing office in MS for the cheaper insurance with a corporation. Then live in TN and suck all the profits into a TN company for the tax benefits, maybe a licensing scheme like foreign car manufacturers have been doing. Probably wouldn't pay off for a one truck operation though.

8. Lantraxco

Lantraxco Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2020
    There are corporate services that will provide a staffed office for a few shekels a month, don't know about MO, but I know I can get it done in Nevada and Wyoming (I'm in Oregon so I play out West). They answer the phone with your company name, receive mail and packages, and most importantly legal service if a process server delivers papers. Typically they will have a Power of Attorney from your company so they can legally act as your agent in place. YMMV

Lite bug Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.