Are these loads serious?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by BoyWander, Jun 29, 2012.

1. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    So I'm looking at the free version of www.express.transcore.com load board powered by DAT.
    I can't see any of the phone numbers, since it's a demo version, but everything on there is real, I just can't get the phone numbers.

So I'm just sitting here updating it every now and then just to look around for the fun of it, see what's going where, etc.

So all of a sudden, all of these loads to Arizona started popping up, so I narrowed the search down from just 100mi within Detroit to 100mi within Phoenix.

LoadBoard.jpg

Are these actual multiple loads, or is this one load, maybe two, that have just been spammed onto the load board all at once? Is this something typical of what TQL does?

Again, I have no access to phone numbers on these loads, and I don't want them, I'm not going to be taking them since I don't have a truck.

I am just curious as to what the deal is with this.

Thanks!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Could be.....On Get Loaded....Every state is either blue or dark blue....I haven't seen that in years.....

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  4. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    It is likely the same load that is getting auto posted by a company that doesn't know what they are doing. Better brokers will post load one and indicate that they have multiple. Wait to you learn about the fun and games TQL plays with different cities on the same load.

5. rsconsulting

rsconsulting Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    OTOH - the credit score is over 100 and DTP is under 30 - so it's likely NOT TQL (LOL)...

Just saying...

Rick

6. Zevede777

Zevede777 Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Illinois
    It can also be several brokers trying to move the same load. alot of times a shipper will realease a email or fax to a list of brokers or carriers and they all post the same load. The fun part is they (brokers) dont take them down and you can waste alot of time making dead calls.

7. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    LOL so it's basically like "First broker to book the load wins" - which means that they will pay a higher rate just to get the deal done before another broker books it??

8. DocG

DocG Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Florida
    TQL sucks and they post their loads MULTIPLE times. I called on a Clinton, SC - Lakeland, FL and it was actually a load from Spartanburg, SC - Riverview, FL. BUt they also had it posted as Greenville, SC - Tampa, FL and Laurens, SC - Plant City, FL. What a waste of time.

You can tell if they are the same load because their load numbers are in the posting as well as their extensions. When things match up I don't bother calling.

9. Zevede777

Zevede777 Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Illinois
    Or they will post more than what the shipper is paying just to get you to call then they try to get the customer to bump the rate. If the customer doesnt then they tell you the load was just covered.

10. newly crusin

newly crusin Medium Load Member

...quite a few of these brokers, don't even have the load....at all.....
    until they secure a truck....
    then when they do secure a truck.....they will secure the load...

...this is more common than you would think....ask the brokers about it and the lies will start.

crusin

DThompsonNGI and HDFatboy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.