Are you sitting a lot lately?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Ziegy, Jun 2, 2015.

USX drivers: Are you sitting a lot lately?

1. Yeah, seems like freight has been slow.

38.5%
  2. I've been running about the same as usual.

46.2%
  3. No, I've actually been running hard lately.

15.4%
  1. Ziegy

Ziegy Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Elwood, IN
    Anybody else been sitting a lot lately? I'm being told freight is slow. Coincidentally, though, my miles dropped at the same time that my FM went to weekends-only & I got switched to a different FM. Used to be, almost always had a pre-plan just before I got to delivery and was running up against my 70 all the time. Now I'm lucky if I'm not sitting for 12 hours waiting for one & I don't even have to think about my 70. Today was a good day... Only had to wait an hour after delivery before I got a pre-plan. Have things slowed for any of my co-workers out there as well?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Been really busy

Ziegy Thanks this.
  4. WX4JCW

WX4JCW Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I have to beg for a reset, but we are a team on the central dedicated

TruckDuo and Ziegy Thank this.
  5. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    @Ziegy are you on a dedicated account or are you otr?

6. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    I have noticed that the quality of my runs have gone down. Its weird like the economy is struggling to stay afloat. Winter was running gang busters and now that its spring and things should be picking up Ive noticed that they just aren't. Its backwards. I think something might be up with the economy. We are still warehousing students and Im constantly being pushed to take on more, the thing is that as a trainer Im supposed to get priority on my loads in order to get the students upgraded as quickly as possible. I smell a rat somewhere.

Ziegy and TruckDuo Thank this.
  7. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    We Are slow very slow! Three drivers stayed home today!

8. Ziegy

Ziegy Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Elwood, IN
    OTR. No desire to go dedicated at the moment. Possibly in the future.

9. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    @Ziegy, if you continue to sit then I highly recommend you find out what dedicated accounts the company has available. So many people think dedicated is only the Dollar accounts......there are a lot of options available. Dedicated drivers make more money than OTR.

Nitemare13 Thanks this.
  10. Ziegy

Ziegy Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Elwood, IN
    I'm not a trainer but I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Load quality has decreased since winter and I'm regularly sitting for a day between loads. Another thing I've noticed is the loads I'm getting have way too much time on them & I'm sitting on the load for a day (on top of going a day without a load at all). Just finished a whopping 225 mi run this morning that they gave me 36 hours on. Ended up being a 4-hour unload too. Then they just tried to give me a 600 mi run that doesn't pick up until tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon then delivers Monday morning. So from my 08:30 del this (Friday) morning to Monday morning (3 days), I would have gotten 600 mi total. They did end up pulling that & gave me something better after I expressed my displeasure to my FM. Doesn't pick up until tomorrow morning so I'm still sitting today, though, after only running 225 mi in the past 2 days.

11. Ziegy

Ziegy Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Elwood, IN
    I'll probably look in to Walmart out of Gas City if & when I ever decide to go dedicated. For me, I'm afraid I would get bored with the same route all the time. Maybe it's just because I'm still fairly new at this, but I enjoy OTR. And I never had too much of a problem until my FM changed. It's kinda sounding like the FM change might have been coincidental timing though.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.