Are you supposed to feel a tire blowout?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by GhentSaintPeters, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Check those mirrors more often. My 2 cents...

FoolsErrand Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    It just takes a matter of seconds to shred a tire, I would imagine the cop stopped him as soon as it let go. It is easy to say check your mirrors, but no one is watching them all the time.

4. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    That's why I only put 2 cents into it. ;)

GhentSaintPeters and FoolsErrand Thank this.
  5. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Thats all the my cents is worth, lol
    In Ok one time a dot stopped me, and apparently he had been behind me with his lights on for a bit.
    He ask me if I ever looked in my mirror, and I told him all the time, so then he ask why I didn't stop, and I told him I didn't know he wanted me to. Then he ask why I didn't look in the mirror and I told him I wasn't backing up.
    Yea you guessed it, he had no sense of humor at all. lol

6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I had an inside drive tire blow a hole the size of my fist in the sidewall. Didn't hear a thing. Caught it when I stopped and did a walk around.

7. GhentSaintPeters

GhentSaintPeters Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2019
    Nope. Was looking ahead of course, but also very concerned with the power lines that looked low. Again, I was on a highway that I checked before hand in my 2019 atlas, so the highway should've been (and was) good to go down. But, the power lines were still worrying me.

Then I saw the lights from the patrol car.

Seemed like a great guy. No hassle or anything, just friendly and helpful.

Oh - and while I was setting up my triangles, a guy stopped and turns out he was a local truck driver. Said he'd never seen anything like the construction they're doing in Indy right now, with how far out it goes.

He offered me a bottle water and then gave me a better route to get back onto the interstate, than the route that I was going to take.

All around, that situation actually showed me the best of humanity. There's still great people out here, despite the doom and the gloom that many are selling in this world.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.