Arka Express inc.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by cg1910, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Ahhh, a realist!

If trucking is a lifestyle moreso than a job, by all means... but the company that pays extra $$$ for that nice peterbilt, mack, or western asteroid is possibly gonna make it up by paying you less $$$ in your check!

DRTDEVL Thanks this.
  3. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    The Arka guys on the Ohio Toll Road are a rolling accident waiting to happen. They must've had something happen as they used to run like bats out of hades, now they're cutback but are still a menace.

bzinger and baha Thank this.
  4. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Many times the tractor has a different name on it but similar logo . BJ Express or something like that. I used to spend a lot of time on the Toll Road and called more than once on an Arka truck.

5. HogazWild

HogazWild Light Load Member

May 18, 2022
    Instead of wasting space with another thread, and since this company is barely mentioned here...

• Russian owned and operated; your DM will speak broken english and have the deceptive and passive aggressive behaviour they are known for
    • All the terminals are close to the hood... Most of their drivers live close and since they run mostly broker city freight the drivers park at the yard at night and go home
    • Unreported trailer damage by other drivers
    • $20-$25 an hour with w2 and 1099 option. +$5 over 50 hours
    • APU
    • 65MPH
    • Regional OTR company home time unless you live by the yard
    • They usually have about 20 brand new trailers on their yards so they are either getting big margin or funnel russian mob money; new trucks with the graphics too; they run dirt cheap broker freight :shrugs:
    • Forced Dispatch
    • You'll spend most of each day close to the uptown of a major metro; you better like sitting in traffic
    • 99.9% liveload + Major city freeway traffic
    • No contracts... It's all live at both ends random broker freight
    • You have to get physical copies of the load sheets to the terminal each week with a cover sheet or you don't get paid; better hope they route you a load by one
    • Samsara ELD... Software bugs out the a-hole and they don't even use it for anything but HOS which is buggy.
    • Sketchy remote log edits... Pretty sure every truck is a out of service but they always get passed by prepass or thru lane
    • Ohhh... My Favorite: At least one phone call on your 10.. At least one phone call on home time... At least one for load,,,, At least one for unload.... At least one for every 150 miles when you get a load out of the city.. All by a passive aggressive Russians who barely speaks english
    • The all truck drivers are peasants undertone that is the staple of a mega carrier
    Fun Fact: Some types of people will see this post and still go there...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  6. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    U nailed it ! :)

Northeasterner and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  7. FargoTrucker22

FargoTrucker22 Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2022
    Are you sure this is factual?

Northeasterner Thanks this.
  8. HogazWild

May 18, 2022

compared to what?

Anyone who works or worked there can confirm it... Recruiter will even confirm all but the part where they blow your phone up non stop and the buggy eld stuff....

Oh... They have OTR too if you want average or less OTR pay PLUS a comparatively buggy ELD and non stop phone calls... I think I heard .52 CPM

I can say with a lot of certainty that most of their drivers are only there because terminal locations being close to where they live and home time is slightly better than a puppy mill regional position...

Forgot to add: They don't reset the oil timer on their APUs... Eventually you'll have dead wait on your truck and have to idle

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  9. Whiteline64

Whiteline64 Light Load Member

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    I worked there 1 week . I got a truck with a used condom in the bunk on the floor . Really classy . Then, my dispatcher says he'll " DO ME A FAVOR AND TRY TO GET ME HOME" ... after 2 + weeks .... OK, time to look elsewhere . All these Russian , Latvian , Polish owned companies are rolling sweat shops with crappy loads and they expect zero lip from you. All this finally caused me to become an owner op , my truck, home when and as much as I want .
    Even a company like GP Transco is questionable ........

Northern Nomad, HogazWild and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  10. HogazWild

May 18, 2022
    "Do you a favor"

Yep you worked there. All their freight is load board leftovers. They have no contracts

GP Transco pays .5x CPM and runs Westrock a lot. They just paid a bunch of YouTube truckers referral cash.... Probably better back office staff than Arka but a average or less pay mega none the less

These guys defending Russian companies are either the Russians or hard up and don't know no better

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.