Arnold Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tomtruckr, Jul 5, 2007.

1. simonjonez

simonjonez Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Torrance
    yes they do use auto shift you are 100% rite......................

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ellis44

ellis44 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2007
    ocean springs MS
    this thank you very mauch will be leaveing for jackson.this weekend.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  4. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    Those guys that were talking back in 08 about the glass and locked doors. I will have to say things happen in trucking its a way of life for most of us, sometimes good a lot of times bad. Lets say you are a TM in Alabama (ROLL TIDE ROLL) and you show drivers nothing but respect but a dispatcher makes a guy very angry over the phone and it just so happens that this guy just found out that his ole lady(wife in alabamanise)was cheating on him. Now hes ticked I MEAN BAD TICKET now some dispatcher has told him no more freight for a weekend trip home (to get his things out of the yard because his ole lady has done thrown them out) on top of that his check was shorted 1500 miles because the new payroll clerk is not use to dealing with this many drivers 250 to be exact. Well this is it the guy gets out of his truck goes in an kills a secutary another driver who was trying to figure out why his check was shorted( in a perfect world this whould never happen RIGHT) and also shoots the great TM who treats everyone with atmost respect. On top of that the dispatcher who was rude to begin with gets out of the front door in a hurry when he heard the gun shots. All of this because some TM in New York wanted to hurry up and fill a seat with a guy noone really new other than what was on his application and the good report from his DAC. So I write all of this to say as companies hire drivers You can do all you can to really know someone but that little 8 pound matter we call a brain noone can read it, so your comment about about turning around a leaving if they have a glass or locked door, NAW mann I would say thats pretty smart because we never know whats going through some peoples brain when it comes to crazy things like wanting to hurt someone over something as stupid as not being grown enough to shrug it off and deal with. Bring on the Bulletproof glass and fort knox doorlocks for me.

5. x-socal

x-socal Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2009
    jacksonville fl
    looking for new info about arnold transport, i am scheduled for orientation next month would like honest pro's and con's about this outfit

6. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    been here since 1st oct. happy so far (i have many other posts on arnold around here)
    being in jax it will be easy for you to get home. they shoot for friday eve. good people there in the jax terminal

7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Well they are around 81% owned by USX, that can't be good.

They invited you to orientation in a economy that has carriers looking for reasons to not hire drivers, fire drivers, and downsize. That's good.

So there you have it.

8. panhandlepat

Jan 12, 2007
    USX owns 100% of us now. they have made a few small changes so far.
    also arnold doesnt have cards in all the T/S's and adds in all the publications ou there. the orientation class i went through in oct was VERY small

9. x-socal

x-socal Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2009
    jacksonville fl
    hey panhandlepat, i used to work for usx back in the 90's when they were small, there huge now sometimes thats not a good thing, how many miles are you averaging weekly? how flexiable are they on hometime. also how is their dispatching setup i.e. do you have just 1 dispacther or do you have to deal with who ever answers the phone?

you live in jax?

10. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Come on I see Arnold ads all over the place. Even out here in the NW where they don't even run ( at least I have seen none:biggrin_255:) Anyway what has kept USX from assimilating if they own 100% now? Did they have some agreement not to? Or are they just going to let the fleet die out and keep the yards?

When I worked their they did not keep the tractors of the companies they bought out, just the trailers.

11. panhandlepat

Jan 12, 2007
    arnold is still buying new cascadia's, dont know what THAT means LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.