Arrested in Montana

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Dubious Bravado, Feb 27, 2014.

1. slowpoke89

slowpoke89 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    I'd have to wonder what company that was...if it was prime or swift they gotta have a whole BUNCH of disgruntled ex employees.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    What are you referring to?

4. Green-eyed Lady

Green-eyed Lady Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Dallas TX
    :biggrin_25512:hhhmmmmm...."making up...big words..."

What words did I make up?
    They are all in the dictionary.

Which words do you consider "big", truckon?
    One doesn't require a thesaurus to understand any of the words I chose.:biggrin_25512:

5. OW/OP Wolfman

OW/OP Wolfman Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2014
    English Vocabulary:

The definition of Arrest:

Restraint and seizure of a person by someone (e.g., a police officer) acting under legal authority, whether police or not police.

An officer may arrest a person who is committing or attempting to commit a crime in the officer's presence. Detainment is also permitted if the officer reasonably believes that a crime has been committed and that the person detained is the guilty party.

Alternate words for ARREST:

Detained, incarcerated, imprisoned, handcuffed, jailed.

Alternate Terms of ARREST:

Investigative Detention (whether formal charges and fingerprinting is conducted at later times or not).

Freedom of Liberty Siezed: when a person is told they cannot leave or go anywhere, even though they are not in handcuffs because a field investigation is in progress to determine that a crime was committed or was about to be committed.

Stripped searched is being arrested, because your freedom of liberty has been taken and you are being searched for evidence or contraband before being placed in a government run detention center, jail, or prison.

I am a retired LEO, I spent 25 years and retired from the LEO career before I joined the trucking industry. I know what arrest is because it has been defined by the law.

I have a great respect for the hard working truck drivers who make the profession look good and the transportation industry move safely on the highways for us all.

Evidently you and a couple of others have no respect for this profession.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  6. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    every time an officer handcuffs you a report is written... arrested or not, you were detained, and the officer will cover their behinds with the proper paperwork... and when a background check is done, the fact you were detained will show up.

7. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    I'd sum it up as a mistake and move on, (probably look into getting the arrest taken off record) I also don't sue because I spill hot coffee on myself. .. but I guess to each their own.

8. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    If you review my posts, I have never said to sue. I have said to have an attorney involved to get this straightened out. There are many things that are affected.

Now, if you have a car on the trailer and suddenly the police find it stolen and go after you, be sure to know it was all okay and you will just live with it.

9. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Being closed minded is not a good way of getting advice, this is an open forum.

As far as the "bend over and take it" comment, neither spyder nor myself are company drivers for a mega fleet, we own our own company's, you don't get to where we stand without without making good decisions. Open up your mind a little bit and you might just be surprised at how you could better yourself.

10. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Already had that discussion while getting an inspection, I was told I would be arrested till things were figured out, and I completely understand that, it's called life.

11. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    As a company owner, you see nothing wrong with them reporting a trailer stolen and then making no big deal.

In any profession or office I worked, I was held responsible for actions and mistakes that were made. I see no difference here.

truckerdave1970 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.