Arrow Trucking Need Info..

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by jessejames, Sep 25, 2007.

1. 0ptimu5 Prime

0ptimu5 Prime Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN

thx and I will. my pda phone lets me get on and make post so ill update daily :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Looking forward to your reports, Optimus. Once I get move to North Cackalacky, I may be deciding between TMC (again), Maverick, Arrow, or Roehl.

4. 0ptimu5 Prime

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    well after an 18 hr bus ride I got to the hotel about 4 am. I chose to pay the extra 14 dollars a night to have a room to myself. its rly nice the rooms have been recently rentavated. have a meet and great at 7. can't wait till my first day tomorrow.

5. mikel

mikel Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Springfield,MA

Good luck , Keep us posted .

6. 0ptimu5 Prime

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    1-28-2008 first day.
    went very well. they bought us breakfast, lunch and dinner. we did our paperwork, pyhsicals, and a quick driving test. a few ppl were sent home for different reason most dealing with medical. they were very friendly and polite. was about 50 of us there. half being drivers with experience and a few rehires. the rest being students like myself. if anyone hs any specific questions just ask.

7. 0ptimu5 Prime

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    well its saturday now and all in all the orientation went great. they rly go into detail about being a safe and good driver. the hotel is decent they fed us rly good and friday they offered an advance to anyone who needed money for the weekend. now all I have to do is wait for my trainer and off I go. I'd guess only about 2/3 of the class made it all the way throu. some left due to medical or background issues and 1 left due to his driving skills or lack there of. I honestly do not mind answeing any questions one may have so feel free to ask.

8. mikel

mikel Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Springfield,MA
    What were some of the medicals do you know?
    What kind of driving test did they give you?

9. 0ptimu5 Prime

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    a few high blood pressure one guy had bad hearing.

as for the test u have 2 drivng and 3 backing. 1 drivng and 1 backing on ur first day for an evaluation and the 2 backing during the week and ur last driving test on thursday. its just a short drive around the block. nothing rly hard they just want u to not hit stuff and stay out of ditches.
    I scored perfect on both my driving test after only 13 days of school and a total of 5 hrs driving. the backing isn't rly graded per say they just want to show u S backing and the triangle backing and see if u get the concept of it.

Belton Bandit Thanks this.
  10. 0ptimu5 Prime

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    also the medical ppl just need something from the doctor and they can get rehired.

11. mikel

mikel Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Springfield,MA
    Ok that helps thanks. good luck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.