ASHLEY DISTRIBUTION / ASHLEY FURNITURE

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Ashley_Driver, Jan 25, 2018.

1. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

ASHLEYDRIVER2013 Light Load Member

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----
    Yup he was a good guy, worked with him for about 4 yrs, I use to work for Ashley, when I started it was a very good job, but after the first yr, it started going down hill, I started making about 75,000, when I left this yr, I slipped down to 62,000 and it was still slipping, and when u were dispatched to leesport pa, it was not uncommon to be lied too, it was expected, and parked for days, no work etc, and of course when parked little to no pay i will post my experiences. ... the management is really a joke......storys to follow....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----
    This is not a place you want to work for, please do your homework

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. marlena

marlena Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Thanks for the kind words. I’m in touch with his widow on a regular basis and he’s the main reason why I came over when things were still relatively good. So far the LTL side in Texas is still a good gig but I agree with you about management. There’s a lot out there I’m not liking and I’m a tad concerned for the future.

6. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----
    The ltl in fl are looking at losing about 5,ooo a yr when they switch out the ltl drivers to day cabs, the day cabs are being ready, and the ltl are losing the over the road trks, and the pay that went with that.....

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Some companies are funny.
    Some are incompetent.
    And some you almost suspect there's a conspiracy.

Since I live near Leesport they'd probably insist I NEVER go there. Or I'd be the only guy in the fleet that COULDN'T get dispatched there.

When I was at USA they ran me back & forth through New England all the time since I was from there, but when my off time came up they'd route me to Ohio or Southwest Virginia and claim they couldn't find me a load.

"Really? The ENTIRE eastern seaboard and you can't find a load?"

8. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    I heard they officially started their 3rd party logistics company lol... Getting those girls trained in negotiating freight is beyond hilarious.

CorsairFanboy and Over This Thank this.
  9. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----
    LMAO SO TRUE, , almost all the girls up there that are supposedly in charge are clueless straight out of high school no experience and the people that have no experience that are in charge are the ones training the ones with no experience coming in I spent a lot of time up there just sitting there, listening to them, and talking to them, it is unreal at one point they were not allowed to have access to any mapping system to assist the drivers, and none of them that I've ever run into up there have ever had in Rand McNally road atlas accessible to them it is unbelievable

Over This and hawkjr Thank this.
  10. Southern Trucker85

Southern Trucker85 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Well the Brandon guys should be used to the day cab and lesser pay that comes with it. They were in daycabs in late 2011 and 2012, when daypay was less for daycabs than what it is now. And this was before Miami had a yard, so Brandon was making that long voyage dwn there a couple times a week for a lot lesser pay. Day cabs aren’t goin into every yard, mostly urban areas, and has its even been said they may do just one or 2 and leave the rest in sleepers at certain yards. But my thought is, they goin to restructure LTL pay completely later on his year. Also heard Brandon is possibly goin back to Ecru fleet and start shipping from there again?...

11. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----
    I always had better luck working out of Ecru when I was assigned there, a lot better than being attached to Advance, and you i am sure, have hung on long enuff, to know when they say there going to do something, it might happen, it might not, just seemed like a crap shoot, how many yrs did it take to pump up the speed of the trucks. Lol And the thing about being assigned out of Ecru , I heard that rumor 2 yrs ago, and the day cab thing, sources well planted, say there's over 100 already ordered, and there being del, as we type, Miami fl, has 2 drivers assigned in the Miami area, and almost every week one of the Brandon drivers gets shifted to Miami to help, but not always, and the times that the Brandon drivers are also working on Saturdays has increased, so it has changed, slow season not so much.....and on the pay, yup I agree on what you say on the restructure of pay, there not in the habit of giving away more money, I just hope it works in your favor, to unload the trls by yourself equals less than 100 bucks per Trailer, over what a ptp driver can earn about 1300 to 1500 weekly, try and hire a lumber for less than a 100 bucks to finger print the load, you know what i mean, hope they increase your pay, in my book you should earn, min 200 dollars a trailer, plus day pay....
    But they look at a driver as a Expendable resource easily replaced. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    Over This and classic_150 Thank this.
  12. Over This

Over This Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Drivers are not only losing money with their stupid pay schedule , their Dippy dispatchers ( who have no clue about the trucking industry) favorite phrase is " I'm going to force dispatch you" ! One of these days I'm gonna ask tweedle dumb if she knows what it means? Lol

ASHLEYDRIVER2013 Thanks this.
  13. frontrange

frontrange Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    I see a lot of their trucks delivering to Rent A Center Stores in MI

• Truckers Report Jobs