Ashley Distribution

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by almostthere, Nov 3, 2015.

1. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    The truckload side is about 85/15 between d/h and live on at least one end. We don't touch anything.

Furniture loads out to start the week usually. We don't do store runs unless they are full truck customer unloads. Run to a drop yard or other warehouse. Backhauls are raw materials back to the plants or broker loads to get you repositioned to do it again.

Scaling is only on the backhauls. They're usually heavy. We do alot of Pepsi, some beer, some malwart and the occasional oddball loads as backhauls. The furniture loads rarely ever weigh more than 15k. The backhauls are usually balanced pretty well. Just one customer in Naperville I can think of right offhand that has a tail heavy overweight issue.

trucker43, ncmickey and 28 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rowdy18

rowdy18 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2015
    That's a nice truck.

flyingmusician Thanks this.
  4. rowdy18

rowdy18 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Where do you run out of. Looking at leesport pa

5. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    I'm out of advance, nc.

Leesport needs drivers lol they send us up there to pick up the slack. Out of there you'll do a lot of

holland, mass
    Oakdale, pa
    east Syracuse, ny
    Jamestown, ny
    Herman, Me

Those are the main drop yards I've been to out of there but there are a few others then you'll do backhauls out of jersey, Pittsburgh, Carlisle, fogelsville, Allentown, Elmira, pretty much all points north and east of Leesport.

trucker43 Thanks this.
  6. Hotplate

Hotplate Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I've met many Ashley drivers over the years and not one had anything bad to say about the company. Come to think of it, that in itself should be equivalent to a miracle or the 8th wonder of the world considering the overall state of today's trucking.

Looks like you've hitched your wagons to a winner, Driver! God bless and if we ever get to meet out there on the highpay highway, the coffee's on me !!

7. jhudsonred

jhudsonred Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    I see openings in Ecru for PTP. Says no touch, what is that? Always thought all of Ashley drivers unloaded furniture. Is PTP different?

u4icwargasm Thanks this.
  8. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Point to point truckload. D/H no touch. A little live.
    No unloading I'm too old for that #### lol the division is relatively new.

Just the LTL guys unload. More money but they earn every penny.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    trucker43 Thanks this.
  9. rowdy18

rowdy18 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2015
    I will be on the phone tomorrow finding out if I qualified. Thank you

10. Mann0567

Mann0567 Bobtail Member

May 14, 2015
    Hey flyingmusician I was wondering how the drivers in holland mass are doing. I live near cape cod, and have been following you guys on here for a while now. I might be looking to join you guys... thanks

11. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    @almostthere

I didn't mean to hijack your thread man lol I'm just awake and answering questions

Carry on let us know how it's going.

For you other guys we do have a long running thread on here you can get some of our day to day just do a search for it or you can get to it off my page I think. Couple of us post there somewhat regularly

trucker43, scbuckwheat and almostthere Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.