Ashley Distribution

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by almostthere, Nov 3, 2015.

1. jhudsonred

jhudsonred Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Id rather be on LTL. Them boys make up to 90k a year. Or used too. I have no problem unloading furniture. Been there done that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rowdy18

rowdy18 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2015
    All north make sure to get out the chains for the winter lol

4. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    I haven't been up there much lately thank god lol it's somewhat a rite of initiation that us NC guys spend a lot of time up there when we're low on the totem pole. Used to go up there every 2-3 weeks. Haven't been up there in going on 9 weeks now.

A lot of loads go up there out of Leesport. They stay busy.

Mann0567 Thanks this.
  5. almostthere

almostthere Light Load Member

May 23, 2010
    MN
    No problem on the hijack...lol. I'm enjoying it here. Always the learning curve to deal with but as I said it seems to be a very good company.

I was really surprised there were only two of us in orientation and I heard several times how they want to expand their fleet. They need to get more drivers signed on. Thought maybe I could spread the word by starting this thread.

Thanks for the input.

trucker43 and flyingmusician Thank this.
  6. rowdy18

rowdy18 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2015
    @almosthere what truck did you get? Anything different on orentation from what was posted? Where you out of?

7. rowdy18

rowdy18 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Just a question. Why would ashley say on there website hiring within 100 miles of leesport. I would expect that u could take the truck home cause if some one was hired that far a distance from there truck then would have to do legally put in a 14hr day that would be about a 17 hour day or more. Would I be wrong?

trucker43 Thanks this.
  8. almostthere

almostthere Light Load Member

May 23, 2010
    MN
    I'm in a 13 volvo 780. Due to be retired within a year so should get a new or newer one then. Their hiring policy is a max of 100 miles from a facility. I believe they will hire if you are close to a drop lot. There are a lot of them. Your best bet might be to call the hr dept in arcadia and see what they say.

trucker43 Thanks this.
  9. high voltage

high voltage Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Florida
    General question How Many Women drivers? I have never seen any women. I myself live in FLorida and I would love to get in with Ashley. I am going to try again, I have over 10 years but at the time the lady said my experience wasn't recent enough. I'm going to try again though!

trucker43 and flyingmusician Thank this.
  10. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    We've got quite a few both otr and daycab drivers

I can think of at least 10 I've seen within the last month.

11. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    I don't think 100 miles is unreasonable. To maintain the trucks to the level and standard they are, they need to be on the yard when we're at home on the weekend.

trucker43 and 28 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.