Ashley Distribution

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by almostthere, Nov 3, 2015.

1. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    So far I'm gathering :

Home time is essentially a weekend reset (?)
    ( no week off to go fishing or whatever the case may be )

It sounds like you are doing a lot of pulling to drop yards ,
    do you get paid to drop at a yard or is it only retail customers ?

Other Q's :

EZ Pass for the toll roads and bridges ?

Manual or Auto ?

Truck Speed setting ?

Are all d/h paid ?

Are you generally shutting down
    at the end of the day or do you end
    up loading late and driving all night ?

Retirement/401 K?

Health Ins ? ( do they contribute or is the driver
    squished under the weight of the payments ) ?

Can i use my Rand McNally to plan trips
    or do they route you ?

Detention ? , does it ever rear its head ?

Breakdowns/Pay ? (should one occur how does Ashley handle it )

..... thats all for now , i will post more Q's if i can think of any .

trucker43 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
  4. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    hometime varies. I usually get 44-48 at home but depends on what's going on. i'll only get 34 this week. I got in late

PTP usually runs the LTL loads out to the drop yards, DC to DC transfers, raw materials back to the plants and brokered backhauls to get repositioned

Prepass, EZpass, sunpass, whatever you need for the area you run in. if you're out of your area tolls are out of pocket and reimbursed. I don't have pikepass and was running Ok last week. those I paid but will get back on this check

13 speed stick majority of the fleet. a few autos here and there but not many

65mph but we're in the process of turning the driver rewards software on in the truck to turn them up if idle/fuel goals are hit

loaded trailers d/h paid. live paid the same. $30 (15 each end). deadhead (empty) d/h not paid. example is my first run of next week. advance to Knoxville mileage+30. deadhead back to advance mileage only

it's a mostly solar powered fleet lol how late you run is up to you. i'll push it late night to get as far as I can most days. we can park at almost all locations so i'll run it all the way there most times and get in late.

401k, and a year end bonus that can be rolled into it or taken as cash

insurance is decent and reasonable. I've got a very comprehensive full family plan health/life/dental with supplemental coverages on the whole family and it's only $114,52/wk

we don't get routed, mandated fuel stops, or directions. you're expected to be able to do it with minimal supervision.

no detention but we don't do a lot of waiting. my numbers from my spreadsheet ytd show and average of 1.4hrs on dock. most of the trips are d/h we don't do a lot of live. in the rare extreme situation it's dealt with case by case. I had one I was held up 9hrs but they paid me a layover. that was a rare exception.

breakdown is handled swiftly. if it's a situation where you'll be down for a major repair they'll put you in a rental and keep you rolling. I had a turbo actuator break in Syracuse and within 3hrs I was towed to a dealer and in a rental and rolling again.

trucker43 and 28 Thank this.
  5. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    PTP ?

Do you have a kind of zone or dedicated area that you run in or are you just dispatched
    over the entire USA ?

So there may be a short freebie to get back to a yard or next load
    if i am interpreting this correctly (?)

It sounds like if you play it right you can end up at a quiet dock or Ashely retailer as opposed to the noisy madhouse known as a truck stop (?)

Sounds like a winner .

trucker43 Thanks this.
  6. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Point To Point. Truckload no touch.

Technically it's listed 48 state but I stay east of I-35. Far enough out to get good miles but close enough to get back for the weekend. Each DC has a defined 'service area'. Whichever DC you end up near after your first load out for the week, you generally run their area for the week then get a transfer or Backhaul out of there back home for the weekend.

Not a 'freebie' as such just deadhead trips get straight mileage pay with no supplemental pay.

Yep a good half the time or better you can get parked somewhere other than the truck stops. Just depends on the load and timing. Most have at least minimal facilities some have everything. Only the contract warehouses or some Backhaul customers you have to wait till morning for a bathroom.

trucker43, Eeyore05 and 28 Thank this.
  7. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Are you required to chain up in the event of a meteorological hardship ?

8. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    No. I don't even carry chains. Ive seen the guys out of Arcadia with them but they try to keep us southern boys down south during the winter.

You may see Pa and points north and east during the winter but not the upper Midwest during the worst of the winter.

If it's that bad park it. Nobody says a word. The quote from orientation was 'park if it's unsafe but we don't want you to park until you're in it and then you determine the conditions unsafe'

Meaning don't sit at home because they're calling for a little snow lol just use common sense.

9. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

This was ecru back in February. Once I got there I didn't move. A bunch of us just sat there till later the next day giving them plenty of time to work the roads. Nobody said anything.

A wise move considering all the wrecks still in the median and off the shoulder on 78 the next day going home.

10. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Ashley has a ad on Craigslist for Atlanta PTP

flyingmusician Thanks this.
  11. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Florida still rarely hire?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.