Ask A May Trainer

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Efon, Jul 26, 2010.

1. MBunt387

MBunt387 Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Your Moms house
    No they are not. They say they are. My last team run I did was Woodland Washington to McDonough Georgia....6 days to do it and no swaps. Unreal

jungledrums Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blwjr

blwjr Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Modesto, CA
    Why does everything with May have to be so effin tight? They say they plan at 50 mph which is BS granted I never been late and that's only cause I push it. But now I can't do that anymore found out I have Zonar on my truck and have been getting calls from safety about my speeds in CA and OR didn't think 57 mph was bad but they sure do.

4. seamallowance

seamallowance Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Shad called you for doing 57 mph?

blwjr Thanks this.
  5. blwjr

blwjr Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Modesto, CA
    He said 312 events of above 55 mph thru Oregon and that I need to show it down cause zonar says I'm going 57 mph and OR and CA are only 55.

6. Calregon

Calregon Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Oregon
    What is the latest on the APUs at May? Also if it is still a NO. What is the idle policy winter and summer? Please only answer if you work for May.

7. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    dude... this topic has been beat to death... search is your friend

skootertrashr6 Thanks this.
  8. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    May does not have APUs, nor will have them in the near future. Not in their business model.

45% in the summer months and 10% in the winter. Any idle time not credited over your percentage, will be taken out of your check.

9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    What you say doesn't count, the guy only wanted to hear from CURRENT May Drivers ;-)

10. seamallowance

seamallowance Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Hah!

(well, I am a current May driver, and the above is spot on)

11. Calregon

Calregon Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Oregon
    Thank you for the response. I appreciate you taking time to answer my question. I should clarify. (I didnt think I would need to) I searched APU and got about 25 pages. Within that there were two threads in May trucking. YOU are correct Blue dude, beat to death for sure. So why would I ask? Well, I happened to talk with a student (son of our neighbor) that is attending at driving school in Oregon. In our conversation he said "A guy from May came to the school and was asked about APUs said. Newer west coast trucks will have them". Him talking, not me. SO since from what I read on this forum, (NEVER trust a recruiter, they are salesmen) I thought why not ask some guys that actually drive for May? I thought the thread said, " Ask a May trainer" That being said, I will attempt to improve my computer skills, and way of thinking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.