Ask A May Trainer

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Efon, Jul 26, 2010.

1. zackery2011

zackery2011 Light Load Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    I tried asking them and they refuse. They state they don't have to teach stick. Its just an added bonus if you learn it. I tried telling them they did false advertisement and breached the contract. They state they are not and I can't get a refund. Just like I am only going to get 5 hours on the road driving but promised 30something. School should be almost 300 hours over 4 weeks minimum contract says. Yet Inow they're telling me I have to test out at 4 weeks. But I only been getting half days and that's being divided between 6 ppl. So I've had toooooons of observation.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. seamallowance

seamallowance Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    How far into school are you? Can you get out NOW? You may be able to get your Class A license, but you'll never make it past the first day of orientation without that skill.

Oh, and please name names in the "Schools" category. Those maroons should not call them a school unless they can effectively teach double-clutching.

4. seamallowance

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Re: "breached contract". You are not an attorney. Go consult one, pronto!

5. blwjr

blwjr Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Modesto, CA
    The school wouldn't happen to be tda is it?

6. zackery2011

Mar 3, 2014
    Grand Prairie, Texas
  7. zackery2011

Mar 3, 2014
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    I only had 72 hours from when ibsigned up to change my mind. I'm on my last week (4) but don't feel like I know anything that makes me feel I should be a driver. I feel I would be a danger to the road. I may be able to pass the cdl test BC I am taught on the route the test is on but when it comes time to drive somewhere I never been I don't know how I will do. I feel like I am set up for failure. All I know is straight up and back, parallel, and DPs route, and airbrakes from reading it. I Don't think there's anyway I will pass an orientation. I never even done coupling or inspection. Did the written test by memorization of a 4 hour study cram.

8. blwjr

blwjr Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Modesto, CA
    May doesn't want you to fail the skills and drive test are simple. When your with your trainer is when you learn. Trust me my school only got me a license they did not teach me to drive.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  9. seamallowance

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
  10. Bigdogg

Bigdogg Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    Phoenix, Az
    Yes a office employee not a driver or a DM I was told we were getting 300 freightliners 50 internationals and 20 test drive automatics and the guy that was with me asked if he could sign up to get one of those automatics......

11. Bigdogg

Bigdogg Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    Phoenix, Az
    Yes may doesn't want you to fail but if you don't have the basics witch could be anything from shifting a ten speed to basic backing they let you go right there on the spot. You have to have basics that's what the course is for, to rule out anybody lacking those basics

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.