Ask A TMC Driver

Discussion in 'TMC' started by TarpWhisperer, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Well, I can only say this. What does a driver from another company know about TMC? I don't think any of their policies are that bad. Do what they require and you will be fine. If you can't follow their policies then I don't think you will last long. It starts on day one in orientation.

adjust fire Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highway Sailor

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Good luck to you. I nolonger train.

4. Highway Sailor

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    You can't work all week and take that kind of money home. I don't know the area your in but I would say you will bring home at least 600.00 per week being home for at least 34 hours. Now that's not in stone I know nothing about you but ,I know you will bring home more than what your bringing home now.

5. hunted

hunted Medium Load Member

600.00 a week? I guess that's an improvement from what Roger2012 was making but................that's still horrible pay for a driver. If your not taking home after taxes at least a grand a week I really feel sorry for you

slim shady Thanks this.
  6. Highway Sailor

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    NO...that's not what I said. I said he would take home at least that amount. I take home way more than that. SO I don' t need your pitty. Thanks for thinking about me.

7. Roger2012

Roger2012 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2015
    It's because I'll set for days because our planning team has been changed and the new people don't know about bulk... Like now I'm getting 34 hours off because I have to wait to clean 160ft of hoses because 80ft are bad and I cannot roll down the highway with these bad, dirty hoses. I can once they are cleaned, so I won't have a risk of product spilling on the open roadway. But they scheduled me to roll out yesterday after I told them about my issue. They also told me an office employe would be in the office where I am today. I waited 2-1/2 hours before I called my dispatcher and he said no one is going to be there today. Other times I will sit for 1-3 days just waiting for a load that is 12 miles and then wait another 1-3 days. They are trying to make it more automated so they can pay less people and save money. And drivers are paying for it... I believe the only reason Ive got the miles I have the past week and a half is because of a lot of people going home for Christmas. Truck stops that were normally full had 1/10 of the lot filled all night. And I'm sure that reflects into my company also.

8. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Who is this fine company?

9. ∆_Dan_∆

∆_Dan_∆ Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Niagara Falls, NY
    Personally, I like a company that is well structured. It is obvious that TMC is a good company, and I am looking forward to joining your ranks. I just have to take care of things here, before I can start this "grand adventure." No matter who I have talked to, they always point out the superior training.

Stay safe

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  10. Highway Sailor

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Ya, you need to move on. Good luck and be safe.

Roger2012 Thanks this.
  11. Roger2012

Roger2012 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Let's just say it's the only company that takes student drivers puts them in an orange truck with a tanker on the back... I hear the van side of the house is much better... But vans ain't a challenge.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.