ask help:hit and run today

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by kennyvcobb, Jan 10, 2014.

1. kennyvcobb

kennyvcobb Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2014
    what you said let me decide to buy a dash cam asap,thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kennyvcobb

Jan 10, 2014
    sorry to hear that.And thanks for "down time coverage",we will ask.
    if you dont mind,could you tell me why it took 5 weeks to fix?damaged heavily?or hard to get money?We dont want to waste time,run the truck asap is the best way.We cant stay Yuma for 5 weeks,the insurance has told us they dont pay the motel fee.

4. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Having been through a bit of this sort of thing last year, better to focus on the least expensive option versus getting carried away with detective work and rushing to the nearest dealership to make it like new again. That is, sometimes it's better to cut your losses and focus on getting back on the road making money.

It doesn't sound like a real hard hit. Yes, it's expensive. But is the truck disabled? Or is it cosmetic damage that can be repaired another time and somewhere else? It might make more sense to tie down and tape loose parts so you can make money now. Then coordinate repair work at a dealer closer to home so you can avoid parts delivery delays and hotel costs.

Chances are, even with local video, you will never find the damaged truck. He probably hit yours with the rear of his trailer or trailer tandems. His truck probably has no visible damage. It sucks. The good news is: nobody got injured or killed and, from what I've read so far, the truck may very well be drivable.

Good luck!

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. kennyvcobb

Jan 10, 2014
    Thank you.We know it is hard to find the guy now.But we cannot move or go back to home now.The insurance company asked us to stay here till Monday they work.They are nice and slow.What we worry about now is how much we will loose and how long it can fix.Nobody knows how much they will pay us.So we want to know how to deal with the insurance company.We never met this situation cause no accident before.
    We know the best way is fix and run asap.We just bought the new truck two months ago,we are short of money.
    I did not want to pay thousands cause I have no fault.
    Truck business works too much for others(KW,shop,insurance,truck company).We work hard for others not families.

fld, RedForeman and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  6. Grey Dodge

Grey Dodge Light Load Member

May 16, 2012
    I was just thinking... (yes it hurt) with so many truckers with dash cams these days, there might have been someone parked near you that may have captured the truck on video. I know it's a long shot but worth a try!

7. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    The other guy's insurance company required my brother to get cost estimates from 3 different shops, then it took them 2 weeks to finally decide and confirm which shop to use, then it took that shop 3 weeks to get the job done! Their selected shop took their time, knowing we couldn't move the truck to another shop. There was also additional problems discovered when they started the work that wasn't found when they did the estimate. Then work would have to stop and they had to get permission from the insurance company to do the additional work.

8. kennyvcobb

Jan 10, 2014
    no,the police asked,nobody has
    this is another reason shocked me too.
    no facility cam,no road cam,nobody see the door,no dash cam and hit run.this is more like happened in the third world,not USA

9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

I would like to know how the OP got from a truckstop in YUMA Post #1 to overseas CHINA Post# 9 in 1 hour

10. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Only if you're xxxxx and an xxxxx. I did have a few beers last night.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
  11. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    The OP is the O/O's significant other. He is in Yuma. She is in China.
    Apparently, she is doing most or all of the TTR postings, from the start, via China-proxy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.