Ask questions or let it be?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Infosaur, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    So you believe in 2021 that $20 an hour is a fair wage for a Class A driver?

tlalokay Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Comment of the day! I will be using that. Where do I send the Royalty checks.:D:cool:

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Why is it greedy and corrupt to take a chance and beg and borrow and most likely work 3 jobs and decide to take a chance on buying a property that will increase in value in the future ?

My older brother did it and has amassed 10s of millions in property.

My father did it from the age of 12 by working at the ice cream shop to make enough money to buy a Squegee and a bucket and a mop and started a janitorial business .

Within a year he bought an ice cream cart that he subbed out to a guy to peddle ice cream during the summers up in Michigan.

He saved every dime he made in those years and soon bought a used 39 Chevrolet convertible with a rumble seat during the War. .

He only had it for a year before he doubled his money on it and invested in buying and selling travel trailers.

He continued to reinvest his earnings and soon built his first house which he immediately resold.

Even as a child 50 years ago our family would pack up our belongings and move into another barely complete house because my father had sold the one we were living in .

My dad passed at 89 yo a wealthy happy self sufficient man who never worked for anyone after that ice cream shop.

5. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    For some reason, Trucking in Tennessee is a unhappy and bitter Man/Woman. I couldn't live with all of that negativity oozing out of my pores. Very sad. Life is too short.

6. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    My comment was aimed at against the wind

7. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    I agree with you on that. I believe I quoted the wrong post. My bad

tommymonza Thanks this.
  8. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    And No One is going to get Ahead only working 40 hours a week, the opportunity of being able to work 70 hours a week employed as a trucker is kind of a blessing for those that want to work the hours.

Midwest Trucker and MTN Boomer Thank this.
  9. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    LOL....assume much? I am doing great. You are worse than a female. They read too much into words typed on a screen. They embellish. They add things that are not there. Notice you and a few religious zealots are the only ones I have a problem with? Which suggests to me you are one of them too. I own two homes (rent one) and have 3 cars paid for. A nice looking GF. What makes you think I am bitter? Why do you make such stupid statements when you don't even know me?

10. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Not the brightest bulb on the tree here. He and 062 are probably brothers.

11. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Depends. Not all "class A drivers" are created equal. For example, I'd rate myself about as good as a six-month Swift hand.

062, MTN Boomer and tommymonza Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.