ask your questions about prime inc here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bartage, May 6, 2009.

1. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    A few more...

What kind of miles can the average OTR reefer and tanker driver expect to get with Prime ?

Where do the OTR tankers generally run ? Is there a particular area or are they all 48 ?

Is it hard to switch divisions down later down the road ? For instance, if I started tanker could I switch to reefer later ?

Also, does anyone know...I know reefers can have some wait times at shippers....Are tankers the same way ? And, I know reefers have strange pick up and drop off times like 2am...Are tankers the same way llike that too ?

Lastly...How is Prime with paying detention time ?

thanks, BT

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TH421

TH421 Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2018
    What kind of miles can the average OTR reefer and tanker driver expect to get with Prime ?
    REFER I AVG BETWEEN 2800 AND 3000
    I HEARD TANKER IS 2500.
    Where do the OTR tankers generally run ? Is there a particular area or are they all 48 ?
    I KNOW TANKER DO PRIMARILY MID WEST AND NORTH EAST. THEY DO WINE RUNS SEASONAL TO CALIFORNIA.

Is it hard to switch divisions down later down the road ? For instance, if I started tanker could I switch to reefer later ?
    YOU NEED TO DO A SHORT TNT PHASE TO LEARN DIFFERENT THINGS 10000 MILES
    Also, does anyone know...I know reefers can have some wait times at shippers....Are tankers the same way ? And, I know reefers have strange pick up and drop off times like 2am...Are tankers the same way llike that too ?
    I KNOW TANKERS HAVE LARGER WAIT TIMES AT SHIPPERS AND RECEIVERS T
    Lastly...How is Prime with paying detention time ?
    ITS 2 OR 3 HOURS FREE DEPENDS ON CONTRACT. THEN 15 PER HOUR PAYABLE WHEN CONTRACT PAYS.

4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I was in the flatbed division so I can't say for miles. My miles varied quite a bit by what fleet manager/dispatcher I had.

I think tanker uns alot of NE. I've seen a few out west. NE or "Midwest".

Switching divisions isn't too hard. I'm sure they don't want to people hopping back and forth alot. I've met a few that came to flatbed from reefer and it sounded simple enough. Just some classes and maybe a day or two with a trainer to make sure you know what you are doing.

O noticed you other reply to a thread about LW trucks. The recruiter told you that you had to take a LW truck... That isn't something I have seen, but then again, I mostly ran out he Western region. Things may be different in the NE hiring area, NE regional is a different game.

BlueThunderr Thanks this.
  5. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Yes, the recruiter said that anyone who drives reefer drives lightweight

6. LycorisC

LycorisC Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Roanoke, VA
    Random silly question -

Since they prefer folks coming into orientation for SpringMo to not drive their personal cars, and come in on Greyhound, what do we do if buses are late and we can’t get there until Monday?

7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Call them and let them know what is happening. Dont let them call you to ask you what happened, it will be too late.

LycorisC Thanks this.
  8. Trailey

Trailey Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2019
    Is it a requirement to take the bus? That might be a deal breaker, definitely not interested in getting stranded in another state if things don't work out!

9. Southern_Geargrinder

Southern_Geargrinder Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2019
    Rome, Ga
    Whatever happened with this situation? In a similar boat. @captjimmy

10. Takenover83

Takenover83 Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2019
    I would say he did not need it. From looking at his post history he is almost done with training.

Edit: Seems I read a little to quickly. He has to have finished training long ago. Last post February 2018.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  11. Southern_Geargrinder

Southern_Geargrinder Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2019
    Rome, Ga
    I gotcha, New to the site so trying to figure out my way around. I NOW know to follow up on their recent post to find the answer instead up clicking the reply button .:D

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.