At orientation, nervous about being sent home.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by arkanstigers, May 9, 2017.

1. arkanstigers

arkanstigers Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2017
    I'm at swift orientation, it's my first one, I have my cdl, no criminal convictions, clean driving record. I was fired from one (non driving) job, and clicked "no" next to "May we contact employer" on this and one other job. I explained to my recruiter exactly what my situation was, and he assured me twice that I would absolutely not be sent home from orientation. I know I could be sent home for any reason really, and that when one door closes another opens, nerves are just killing me. I really want/need this opportunity. Anyone offer some words of comfort? Haha.

Side note: my room mate is displaying signs of schizophrenia, I mean like REALLY. Talking about hearing voices, talking to the voices, explaining to me the end times in detail, angels, demons, free masons, the whole nine yards.

GypsyMamma Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ravaughn

ravaughn Light Load Member

May 8, 2017
    LOL. Its swift man.
    They'd hire anyone with a pulse.

QuietStorm, Joetro, x1Heavy and 3 others Thank this.
  4. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    Hey scooter....you are in the room all by yourself.Welcome to the nightmare.

5. arkanstigers

Apr 23, 2017
    Keep em coming guys I need this. What the #### is wrong with my nerves?!? I guess I've just got a lot riding on this. Trying to stay positive. I wish I could play back a tape of how crazy the Roomie situation is. I've met schizophrenics off of meds (I was in a couple psych hospitals due to a suicide attempt) and this is crazier then the craziest I met there, these things also have a way of escalating.

6. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Swift top of the line company. It's just as good as that Truckstop meatloaf.

BigTennOTR and Bakerman Thank this.
  7. belowspeedlimit

belowspeedlimit Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Oil country
    If their keeping your roommate around. Why you worried? The only advice at this point is to get the #### out of that room. Get your own or sleep in the lobby.

8. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Yeah the roommate might want you out that room..

strollinruss Thanks this.
  9. arkanstigers

Apr 23, 2017
    No he's cool, bought me a milkshake lol. He's very chatty and friendly, just the subject of the chats is insane.

Really nervous about getting the boot from orientation :( all I can do is pray I guess?

10. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Exactly why I would not share a room with a stranger. That's pretty low rent of Swift. They don't screen for nut cases
    Good luck and sleep well

11. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Having a cdl meas there will always be an employment opportunity for you. Quit worrying there are better start up companies than swift. And if they send you homme it's not the end of the world. Some companies could care less where you worked outside of trucking.

arkanstigers Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.