Att/Tmobile problems

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by ShariShellBell, May 3, 2011.

1. ShariShellBell

ShariShellBell Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20045236-266.html

This is information about Att/Tmobile merger. Tmobile customers who used tmobiles 2g service will have to upgrade their phones on att's nework since they are shutting down older service lines for new service lines.

FYI..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Typical AT&T customer service. Get ready to bend over...

4. landy77

landy77 Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    I worked in ATT technical support for four years on the cell phone side of things. When ATT merged with Cingular the Cingular customers phones still worked. When the network was upgrading to 3G noone noticed because if you were not in a 3G area you picked up the 2G service. If you had a 2G phone you still worked in a 3G area, just at 2G data speeds. The 2G, 3G 4G stuff pertains to data speeds for internet. It has little bearing on voice service. The difference between 2G and 3G is the difference between dial up and DSL internet speed. 4G is comparable to cable internet in your house.

5. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Sounds like a nice company line. If you were on the receiving end of that change, it was a different story. Just my experience, and my son's, and his wife, and my girlfriend at the time. Got about 20 friends at the time with the same experience. AT&Ts answer? Sorry, there's nothing we can do. CLICK!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.