ATTN: NEW DRIVERS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by kc0rey, Jan 23, 2006.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    A few years ago, on the way back up from Greensboro, NC with a Hitachi 200 excavator, I blew the turbo on my truck, on US 58 in VA, about 20 miles west of I-85. In the 3 hours I sat there I had 5 Mecklenburg Co. police officers and 4 dump truckers stop to offer assistance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Add my 2 cents: I really think trucking companies are to blame to! They are getting so desperate to get drivers. "Some" dont road test them before sending them out or they say ok, you can't back up but your wife can no problem we can deal with that. What if the wife isn't on the truck one time (do you think the Dispatcher remember he can't back up). So todays world is getting to the "companies" also. They are competting in getting the drivers. You guys don't understand how much you have over the companies (if you have a good record etc)! I do feel schools can teach better! How long is schooling (most) anyhow? I know several subjects alone would take 3 weeks to teach and assure they know them!
    Driving a truck I am not sure but gosh it would have to take many times practicing. I drive my van and I get in situations, put me in a "BIG TRUCK" omg you talk about you all being scared, you better run like well you know!

I was not referring to backing up because of the comment earlier, it was just an example ok!

But do ask your company representive for help and I am sure they will be HAPPY you asked! :occasion9: SMILE EVERYONE

AND I LOVE THE MOTTO, THAT IS MINE TO! ASK ME I WILL ANSWER, IF I DON'T KNOW I WILL TELL YOU I DON'T KNOW, BUT I CAN PROBABLY HAVE THE ANSWER FOR YOU THE NEXT DAY OR THE NEXT OR THE NEXT. L.O.L.

4. larryaz

larryaz Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Jefferson, Texas
    Z in the NATO Phonetic Alphabet is ZULU. The ZERO in his line is a ZERO, the Number!

5. davetiow

davetiow Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2014
  6. Jastermite

Jastermite Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Lincoln City, OR
    Holy revive!!!!!

Sad to see that this thread is 8 years old and driver training hasn't changed much.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.