Attn YRC employees

Discussion in 'YRC' started by Fed up, May 6, 2015.

1. already gone

already gone Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    its cheap drivers that are volunteering away their pay and benefits. I don't know what a "union boss" is. there are different titles and positions, no "bosses"....

Shaggy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. already gone

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    volunteers like you bleed good jobs dry. who knows, you might think 15 dollars an hour is a good wage. so when employees in a union bargain for 20, you look at them like they are a bunch of greedy jerks. even if the company makes a killing, its your knee jerk perception that has been taught to you that unions are bad.

you do realize UPS makes huge profits, yet pay their blue collar teamsters around 35 dollars an hour, right?

White_Knuckle_Newbie and Shaggy Thank this.
  4. already gone

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    from what I understand, the union pension plans are not even owned by the union, they are ran by separate investment groups. if the pension was owned in full by the union, it would be easier to bump up your pension, you could just make payments on your own.

5. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    So Already Gone. You do understand that without the company (witch you have no equity in) didn't exist you would have no job. One where even the slowest most incompetent slug makes just as much as you do, thanks to your precious contract.

When you compete for wages, the best money goes to those who deserve it. Not the slug who doesn't care.
    So yeah, I'll take my experience and drive and compete for wages and I'll win, while you lag behind held down by the slug. Because the employer sees them and ignores you.

jlembie351 Thanks this.
  6. already gone

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    sure, that's the way you pretend it works, right. you obviously make more than a Holland guy, or an abf guy, or a ups freight or parcel guy. right. all because your boss is in love with your crazy good work ethic.

imtimmy, Shaggy and gsmith2332 Thank this.
  7. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Son I don't pretend anything.
    Least of all that I'm worth less than you and the slug you have to share with. He\she would be fired from my work place while they are protected unfairly by yours. Why do you think that Unions occupy less than 8% of the PRIVATE workforce.
    Because the rest of us have realized what a waste they are and how expensive they are to our economy. Some day you will wake up and realize what a shaft you gave yourself.
    Unless your the slug, that is.

jlembie351 Thanks this.
  8. already gone

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    Lol, im not your son, and im so happy you are the perfect example of a "cheap driver"....its hilarious you think you are such a big help to the economy, working for less for the common good.....

White_Knuckle_Newbie and Shaggy Thank this.
  9. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I bet you think that the company owes you the job you have too dont you? Do you OWN that position?

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Dang correct, company owes you that job ( route ), Put time in earned your choosing.

This is where bidding on routes comes into to play. You OWN that position ( route ) for X amount of time.

Yes, you own it. Better make sure you dang well want it. This isn't help yourself to whatever routes / stops and say oops weekly at Joe's Trucking .

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    already gone Thanks this.
  11. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    I would hope your not the kind of guy that has to tell everyone you come into contact with how great you are because you are union...most of us don't give a crap. Just maintain your lane.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.