Automatic Chains

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Panman49, Oct 20, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Man I am glad to hear that, I should have started going to the doc a couple or three years before I did, but I hate docs. lol
    I have been on advair twice a day for a couple of years plus intruse once a day, and am about 2% it seems like. lol

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Singular pill one a day advair 2 times a day. Singular helped a little for a year before that. Soon as I started the Advair I was better in a week.
    I quit smoking about 1 1/2 years ago. I have been having breathing problems for about 8 or 10 years. Since my late 30’s about 5 years ago it got real bad.

I have not been “ diagnosed “ officially.

I guess I’ve only been on the Advair since April this year.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Like I said, I am sure glad it is working out for you and hope it stays that way, me I do the advair 500, which is the most I can get and have for a couple of years or a little longer, plus the intruse, and it along with a pill my doctor will not give me, I keep getting up in the mornings. lol
    I would have taken a bit better care if I had known I was going to live this long. lol
    I did not run hnorth the last couple of years, because of it, I have a good young helper that rides with me and does any physical labor, even breakdowns, I just might have to point oit what to do, but he takes good care of me. I pay him pretty good for it and will see to it he has his own truck when I can't run anymore.

5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    A job I have for a couple years before becoming an O/O I had the auto chains and I loved them. Had them on the trailer as well. Drove to Denver and NM/AZ weekly year round from CA and those auto chains were a life saver. If I do more work in snow areas, I will eventually get them on my rig. They cost around $15,000, but if you're able to get great paying loads in snow areas, they will pay for themselves quickly. I just keep a set of the socks on my truck now should the need arise. I'm careful where I book loads in the winter and avoid the snow when possible.

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I basically drive into the wtf snow.

The guys I've seen with the auto chains love them.

Flick a lever.

They are expensive.

Got a big scar on my one finger from last year.
    That was actually from beating the giant frozen mess off the airlines under the trailer though. So much ice, they were dragging.

I think $15K is what I've heard as well.

D.Tibbitt, NavigatorWife and Panman49 Thank this.
  7. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I heard around 7 grand an axle, so yea.

Panman49 Thanks this.
  8. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Not sure where you guys are getting your pricing but this is a screenshot from the ONSPOT FAQ page. And it states ruffly $1900 per axle.

Attached Files:

Cabinover101, Panman49 and Long FLD Thank this.
  9. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    From your link:

"Approximate pricing for vehicles WITH air brakes is $1900 per drive axle for the kit plus freight and installation."

Shipping weight for 2 axles is around 400 pounds, and I've seen these things installed and it is very labor intensive. At least 8-10 hours for 2 axles. Prices have also come down on the hardware since I used them 4 years ago. As they sell more the prices drop. Maybe they've improved the installation process as well.

NavigatorWife, Dave_in_AZ and Panman49 Thank this.
  10. Roadgeek395

Roadgeek395 Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Auto chains are nice but they don't work in all conditions. Be careful of the wear on the tire. Had to rotate my tires after last winter 20191022_125753.jpg

11. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    If they are wet & you have to sit for a road blockage they freeze to the ground . chains are best.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.