Automatics?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TexasPhoenix, Apr 10, 2017.

1. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    What is being offered for the automatics? Just Freightliners or is there any Volvos?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    999 out of 1000 are Freughtliner. It's the Schneider go to truck.

It's their moneyball

But they do offer others just not as many.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  4. Highway_Executive

Highway_Executive Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    Freightliners, Volvo, and kenworth offer automatic trucks.

5. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Freightliner and Volvo autoshift transmission both can control and communicate with the engine since that seems to really help in how the autoshift works.

I don't believe Eaton autoshift can do that since is not designed as one setup working together. So Eaton dose not work as good or I hear people say it shifts at random time for no reason

6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Freightliner autoshift has a Hill Assist. What it does is say you stop on a hill. Once you apply the brakes and then take foot off brakes to get rolling again. The truck computer keep the brakes applied while you take foot off pedal so you don't roll backwards.

Once the computers senses your on the throttle and the truck is pulling it will release the brakes. I'm not sure Eaton can do that because the transmission and truck are communicating together and working together.

7. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    lets be clear, its s detroit automated trans paired with a detroit motor in the freightliners.

JReding Thanks this.
  8. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Ask for a ladies-best-truck.... that's what you get.

I'll take my truck with FOUR pedals - one to adjust the steering wheel. :D

(Sorry, guys - I just feel really lazy in an auto... bores the #### out of me.)

9. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Sni has mostly freightliners, but they do have some kw's with the eaton ultra shift plus, but, imho, they are pure junk.

mxpx148 and AM14 Thank this.
  10. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Why do you all think you needan auto, are you that lazy or not smart enough to use clutch and shifter at the same time

11. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Personally, I think it a great idea for all new truck drivers to get their initial experience with a manual transmission, under all conditions, all seasons.
    I do realize that manual transmissions may become more obsolete as the years go by.
    From a trucking company payroll point of view, the trucking company can pay their drivers less per hour, or less per mile, if they are driving automatic transmissions, vs. manual transmissions.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

OTR & LTL - over the mountains - through the woods - coast to coast - sea to shining sea
    [​IMG]
    The OTR & LTL truck drivers of America are positively the driving force of our economy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.