Autumn Transport Hopper Bottom

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by CM Rondeau Transport LLC, Jan 29, 2021.

1. CM Rondeau Transport LLC

CM Rondeau Transport LLC Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2021
    Im looking at running for Autumn Transport hopper bottom division. I have talked to them and they gave me the preliminary numbers. I like to see if there is anyone on here currently working for them and what you are making and how much time you are spending on the road. Thanks for any info!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    What sort of money does hopper pay?

4. CM Rondeau Transport LLC

CM Rondeau Transport LLC Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2021
    Not enough for where Im based out of. I would have to pull pneumatic trailer which I dont mind. It is comparable to hauling fuel in the New England. The only thing hanging me up right now is the three week out time.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  5. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    If it is paying percentage, you could starve since grains pay hardly anything. If they pay by the mile, you should do well, around $1200 take home per week if you can keep the door shut. Pneumatics are paying well just about country wide, but as quoted above, most companies want you out at least three weeks at a time. Oh, you do have to climb up to open the fill ports and then climb up again to shut them, then deal with off loading the product. Down here, it is sand. End of ramble, hope that helped.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  6. JT5

JT5 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2021
    I was thinking you were an OO and wanted to lease on to them. I'm sure they are like other large carriers, they do it by volume. I'm sure they have some good paying freight, but I have found over the years, you really don't make serious dollars in the hopper game by hauling someone else's freight. I usually haul my own freight. But with Covid making things weird in the feed game, I now do a mix. I run right about 2510 miles per week average. I gross $5330/ wk. That $2.12/ mile for all miles. And that is about as good as your going to get these days. I pay myself just like I would an employee, 27% about $1400+ per week. I work Monday - Friday. Unless you want to try the pet food game. Pay is good, sit time is stupid.
    So If I was going to lease on to a hopper company, I would look for a smaller company that's been around for a while. They generally have better rates, less BS that you will find at a large company. You won't end up with that "married to your truck feeling".

MOBee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.