Average pay

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Mach, Dec 24, 2017.

1. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I have worked drivers alot in my time. I can assure you when the smoke clears my drivers put more in their pocket than I do off that truck. Where the misconception comes from that the owner gets rich I sure as hell don't know. Fwiw I pay 23 to 30 percent of the gross. All ag stuff livestock and hopper.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    What does your boss drive to work? What do you drive? Do you still want to be driving when your 112 because you can't afford to retire. Benefits & retirement is part of a good job. Friendly doesn't pay the bills driver. Start looking.

WannaGoTrucks2016 and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

When i left republic in 2015, roll off was doing 65k average. One guy was hitting 70k, but he was some sort of machine.

5. Mach

Mach Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Knoxville Tennessee
    Exactlly and I understand that. I mean who doesn't want to live life to the fullest. The only thing that is wrong tho is not all that long ago. The turbo went out on our Mack truck and one of our smaller trucks was also in for engine problems. He was talking to me how the tow bill and repair bill was so high that he was going to look into seeing of the shop could do a payment plan. But then the very next day after telling me that, he goes out and buys a Ford excursion for 4k. It was an impulse buy I know it. But again, I really try not to judge what he dose cause it is his business and his life. I would how ever like to see him do things differently though. There's a big story behind a lot of stuff

6. Mach

Mach Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Knoxville Tennessee
    We work out of his house. I drive a half hour to work. I don't plan to make a career with him. I've said it several times in this thread. I am looking for some place new. I just wanted to see how badly my pay was compared to the rest of the industry

okiedokie Thanks this.
  7. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    I can imagine what his yard looks like. Does his wife drive a Escalade or Benz. Lol Good luck in your next adventure.

8. Mach

Mach Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Knoxville Tennessee
    Nah she has a 2010 Tahoe. She dose want something new though lol. And thanks. Right now it's the debate of find a new roll off company, or test and get my class A and go otr for a while and bank up

9. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Same in mn. If you can handle the baby sitting, wm will get you near 30

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Forget trash. I worked it.
    Whatever you have to do. Get into trucking. There are tons of jobs out there. All kinds, from OTR, Regional, Local. The trucking industry is exploding right now. Pay is going up.
    Best is to work until you can buy your own tractor. Then go Owner Operator. Last summer, the entire midwest. It was easy to find loads for $3 to $5 a mile... easy!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.